We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stop en route from Italy to France

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
Where to stop en route from Italy to France
Save

I will be traveling from Italy to the Alsace area with my two young boys. I was thinking of stopping half way for the night to break the drive up. I found what looks like a great hotel in Sedrun but am wondering if it is too far off the main highway? Should I stick to the autoroute and maybe stay in Andermatt? This will be in the early July timeframe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Area to stop for the night and hotel recommendations. I don't need it to be budget - I prefer comfort and ease.

7 replies to this topic
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,614 posts
8 reviews
37 helpful votes
1. Re: Where to stop en route from Italy to France
Save

Hi, from where in Italy and to where in the Alsace? We might suggest a route on which you would have a great hotel! It's pretty hard to be more than an hour from a major road in Switzerland.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
2. Re: Where to stop en route from Italy to France
Save

I am coming from the Perugia area to Colmar/Strasbourg

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Where to stop en route from Italy to France
Save

If you plan on driving via Milan and then on via Bellinzona towards Zurich and thence to Basel, you could try stopping in Chur. Chur is the capital of the canton of Graubunden and has an attractive medieval centre. Or if you drive a little further on from Chur you could stay at Bad Ragaz a spa town by the Rhine. Bad Ragaz has some super hotels.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
4. Re: Where to stop en route from Italy to France
Save

Thank you!

Appleton, WI
2 posts
5. Re: Where to stop en route from Italy to France
Save

yes, can you tell me how to get Milan from Val disares France and how far it is? Thanks John Hoepfner

prairieflr@yahoo.com

Appleton, WI
2 posts
6. Re: Where to stop en route from Italy to France
Save

yes, can you tell me what rout to take from Val diseres France to Milan Italy and how far is the distance? Thanks John Hoepfner

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,614 posts
8 reviews
37 helpful votes
7. Re: Where to stop en route from Italy to France
Save

Hi, John, you can get really good driving information using the Michelin mapping website - it's in English

http://www.viamichelin.com

Just put in Val d'Isere and Milan - you can put in precise addresses if you have them.

Hope this helps.

Reply to: Where to stop en route from Italy to France
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sedrun
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.