We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alua Soul Mallorca Resort

devon
Level Contributor
100 posts
90 reviews
Alua Soul Mallorca Resort

Would anyone be able to tell me where this new thomson hotel is located exactly on google maps. The Thompson website is wrong. I sent them the same question asking where it was on google maps 2 weeks later they resonded.

The immediate area is fairly flat, however, to walk down towards any of the beaches (Cala) there are some hills. We recommend customers to check on a website such as Google Maps and see if they are happy with the location.

Would appreciate if anyone could tell me. thanks

1,543 replies to this topic
lincoln
Level Contributor
907 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Alua Soul Mallorca Resort

It certainly isn't clear from the Thomson website,I'm sure that the resort experts will be able to tell you where it is , to me it looks a bit like the present Hotel Cala Ferrera certainly the picture looks a bit like it. Wherever it is its obviously going to be a complete make over and probably nothing will start until end of season.

devon
Level Contributor
100 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: Alua Soul Mallorca Resort

Thanks that's helpful as it does look like the Cala Ferrera and the location is probably about right as it says 2.5km to centre. You would think the customer service team could just ask the resort experts but seem to be too lazy to answer my question.

lincoln
Level Contributor
907 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Alua Soul Mallorca Resort

Could be worth a gamble for next year, the prices look good for a potential 5 star , Thomson seem to have good prices for the first year after a complete makeover ,we went to the Alicia in Cala Bona last year after its refurbishment,really good prices but much higher this year for the same fortnight.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
68 reviews
4. Re: Alua Soul Mallorca Resort

I am due to go to Hotel Marina Skorpios in July so have been checking reviews. A recent one mentioned that it was changing hands so I messaged the reviewer and she told me it is going to be called Alua Soul Mallorca Resort.

I think Thomson have the position wrong on the map and it is in fact the Marina Skorpios/Corfu Hotels but I'm only going off what the lady I messaged told me.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 20 May 2016, 20:10
Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
92 reviews
5. Re: Alua Soul Mallorca Resort

I think you are right Lesley as the picture on Thompsons web page is not Cala Ferrera but could be Cala Egos.

I'm a little surprised as quite a lot of money has been spent already on the hotel and the Corfu and the Skorpios are both very family oriented but any upgrade will be welcome to the area.

It will be interesting to hear what is going on when I am there soon.

28SAC

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
38 reviews
6. Re: Alua Soul Mallorca Resort

Last week in Betty's bar the owner Mell informed me that the hotels we're rebranding next year as adult only and dropping AI.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
68 reviews
7. Re: Alua Soul Mallorca Resort

I did some googling last night and found a Facebook group, it seems all the Marina chain of hotels have been bought by a company called Feel Good.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
92 reviews
8. Re: Alua Soul Mallorca Resort

If they are dropping A I then that is great news for Cala D,or the town has just about survived over recent years with the influx of A I but the quality restaurants have survived in fierce competition from the hoteliers who seem only to think of their own profits.

A friend of mine stayed in Cala Ferrera A I last year and when I asked him where did he eat in the Marina he said they did not bother leaving the complex as even though the food and drink was poor quality it was free so they stayed in a missed one of the best marinas on the island.

I hope this is the start of a new trend in C, Dor and we get back to how it used to be with bars full all season.

One can dream,

28SAC

lincoln
Level Contributor
907 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: Alua Soul Mallorca Resort

AI is still an option on Thomson website for next year for Alua Soul but the basic booking is half board.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Alua Soul Mallorca Resort

can anybody please tell me the hotel chain the Alua Soul Mallorca Resort is owned by? I can only find it on thompson so wondered if could likely book direct or if any other operators have this hotel on their books? we are going to a wedding locally and many of the guests plan to stay here but no one seems to know what chain owns it or is it only exclusive to thompson? Many thanks

Reply to: Alua Soul Mallorca Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or
Recent Conversations