We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eroski Cala D'or or Cala Egos

Blackpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eroski Cala D'or or Cala Egos

Hi

Staying at Porti Cari Park (formerly Puerto Sol) end of June. Which is the nearest & biggest of the Eroski supermarkets?

Does anyone know what time they close at night?

We land at 6pm, transfer with Resorthopppa, would love to be able to do food/drink shopping that evening!

Thanks!!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eroski Cala D'or or Cala Egos

Hi Curly

You are not far off the middle distance wise, with the Egos being the nearer, but the smaller by a long way, think Aldi/ Lidel rather than Asda, Tesco. Both are a cab back with shopping. I imagine that the Cala Dor site opens later but cant help with exact times. You are probably pushing it with a 6pm landing.

The old Puerto Dell Sol site had a small Spar type shop that was actually quite good I wonder if this will reopen?

Mentioned in this post
Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or
Majorca, Spain
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eroski Cala D'or or Cala Egos

Hi Curly,

Landing at 6pm, hopefully out of the Airport by 7'ish with a transfer of 1 hour you could possibly make it!

Not quite sure when Eroski close, but certainly not before 8.30pm, however, you will find a good Spar in Cala Egos which is open, I think, until 10pm.

Have a good holiday.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Eroski Cala D'or or Cala Egos

Thanks for replies really looking forward to holiday in less than 2 weeks. Seems like we should have time to stock up on few essentials before exploring the area. Never stayed in cala dor before. Any recommended bars restaurants much appreciated we are a couple in our mid thirties enjoy both nice meals out and the odd night out a bit more boozy!!!!!

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eroski Cala D'or or Cala Egos

There is one very good thread on this forum about the best eating places in CD - I don't know how to put a link in on my phone but I'm sure you can find it - it started a couple of months or so ago and 28 SAC put the link up again for someone about a week or so ago.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eroski Cala D'or or Cala Egos

Here you go,

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580287-i10186-k…

My pleasure Makk28.

Eroski stay open till 10am in high season.

28SAC

Blackpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Eroski Cala D'or or Cala Egos

Thanks really good thread.

Seems loads of good restaurants

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eroski Cala D'or or Cala Egos

Gracias 28SAC !

8. Re: Eroski Cala D'or or Cala Egos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 03:18