We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunloungers

Penicuik, Scotland...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sunloungers

Going to Cala d Or in a couple of weeks and according to reviews for my hotel, I'll have to get up at 4am to reserve a sunbed. Not happening😁is there anywhere I can buy a deck chair or portable sunlounger? Thanks 😎

10 replies to this topic
Surrey
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunloungers

There probably is however, you may not be able to use them in the hotel. They might be a little disgruntled that you are not using their own ones.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
3,738 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunloungers

There are quite a few Chinese run nick back shops around the resort that sell virtually everything including fold up chairs.

I'm sure this would be no problem in the hotel grounds after all if there are not enough beds then what are you supposed to do.

Where are you staying?

SAC

Wirral
Level Contributor
497 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunloungers

Seen some today outside the Chinese shop opposite Hotel Dor and some opposite euroski

newcastle
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunloungers

think iam staying at the same apartments in 2 weeks time surely the apartment owners can stop this happening who in their right mind get up at 4am to put towels on sunbeds if it happens when we go I think I will be taking them off if they are not using them and going out for hours and coming back and expecting towels still to be on the beds some selfish people about rant over

Penicuik, Scotland...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunloungers

Hi thanks for reply, am staying at Cala d Or Playa and reviews are saying get up at 4am if you want a sunbed!😎

Penicuik, Scotland...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunloungers

Thanks😎

newcastle
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunloungers

when do you go to cala dor playa apartments billie j me and my partner arrive on Monday 11th sept

Romford, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunloungers

If you get to the pool side about 8.15 you should be ok to put your towels in the place you want the sunbeds that get unlocked at 9 might not be that bad know the kids are back at school

harrogate
Level Contributor
105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunloungers

We stayed at the Cala d'or playa from the 21-30 August. The pool was busy at the beginning of our stay but towards the end it was starting to quiet down and no problem with sunbeds. There was often a stack of sunbeds spare. I imagine now the schools have gone back the situation will be even better. If you are at the pool between 8-9 am you will probably have a good choice of sunbeds.

On a separate note the hotel is fantastic. You will have a great time and location is great. There are good shortcuts to the two nearby beaches from the rear of the hotel (i.e. Through the gardens behind the pool). It can be quite hard to get your bearings at first with a number of beach coves/different bars and restaurant areas etc at but a trip on the electric train will also help!

The pedestrianised centre in Cala d'or is great on an evening.

We have booked to go back to the playa next year!

Penicuik, Scotland...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunloungers

Thanks to everyone for the info, going on the 10th for 11 nights. This is our 4th trip to Cala d Or, we love it.

Reply to: Sunloungers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cala d'Or