We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions for our holiday next week

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Few questions for our holiday next week

Hi we're staying at Roca Mar next week and just have a couple of questions.

1st getting the bus into Funchal. Where is the nearest bus stop to the hotel, how long does it take and how much pp is it?

We arrive in the evening so will be dumping bags and heading straight out for food. Can you recommend a nice restaurant near the hotel?

How long does it take to walk into Canico from Roca Mar (we're both young and fit haha)

Thanks (0:

southport
Level Contributor
934 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few questions for our holiday next week

the hotel will have a free bus into Funchal, and for a great place to eat try Habeas corpus, try the steak on a stone or the Portuguese steak, both really good.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few questions for our holiday next week

Great thanks,

Yeah i know theres a bus from the hotel but we have to bus this the day before apparently and only runs until 6ish. Trying to find out the nearest bus stop and the journey length as an alternative to the hotel bus (o:

Thanks

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,931 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few questions for our holiday next week

This thread may help. if not ask at reception when you check in, they will also have a timetable.

https:/…ShowTopic-g189167-i435-k9361650

Medway
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Few questions for our holiday next week

Hi Simon

We are staying at the Roca Mar at the moment.

For a bite to eat I would recommend Snack Bar Mare it is right next door to Habeous Corpus. It is a cafe/bistro rather than a fine dining place. Very reasonably priced and great home cooked food. The owner is a very friendly guy and full of helpful advice. However there are a few places to eat there all next to each other (2 minute walk from Roca Mar).

As someone mentioned there is the hotel courtesy bus. There is also the bus number 155 which stops at the bottom of the cable car in funchal. This is a red and white bus and the staff at roca mar can give you the timetable.

Not actually done the walk into canico yet so afraid I can't update you with the time.

Hope you have a great time in Madeira

Pete

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Few questions for our holiday next week

Ah great what's the hotel like? We haven't booked a seaview room. Do you think it's recommended?

Hows the weather?Looks to be raining a lot this week! )0:

Have you done any trips?

Sorry for all the questions (0:

Medway
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Few questions for our holiday next week

Hi Simon

I like the hotel, which we have been using as a base. We have the sea view room which is nice. Might be worth upgrading if the cost isn't too high. Breakfast is more than adequate. Staff on reception are helpful.

Weather has been ranging from glorious sunshine to immediate heavy showers within a very short space of time. Went on a half day levada walk today which was fantastic through madeira explorers. It was an easy one as I am not the best with heights.

Walked to the Christ the redeemer statue yesterday (fairly steep uphill) but worth it about 3.5k. A piece of its arm fell off the other day so has some fencing round it. Cafe next to it felt like the roof would blow off and wind was so wild!

7. Re: Few questions for our holiday next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2017, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Canico
Recent Conversations