We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pyin Oo Lwin to Hsipaw and Hsipaw to Inle Lake

1 post
Save Topic
Pyin Oo Lwin to Hsipaw and Hsipaw to Inle Lake

Hi,

I will take the train from Pyin Oo Lwin to Hsipaw on 4/5 and i would like to take the overnight bus to Inle lake from Hsipaw at the same day. Is there any overnight bus that match the train schedule ?

Thanks Everyone,

Yan

3 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pyin Oo Lwin to Hsipaw and Hsipaw to Inle Lake

I think the bus goes around 4pm so you should be able to make it but not sure how you can book it in advance, probably your guesthouse in Mandalay can do that for you. Also there maybe a bus from Kyaukme to Inle, it maybe the same bus, Kyaukme is 1 hour 20 mins before Hsipaw, so something to consider. But buses difficult in Kyaukme I had a problem finding where there went from, went to "bus Station" and they said no, went back to guesthouse they said on the main road but then people there said no. Went back to guesthouse and he phoned up someone and then took me to a location, bus came after about 5 mins. Hsipaw there is a bus station of sorts on the main road near the clocktower, about 3 blocks before on the Mandalay side. The train station is not far away about 5 mins walk.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pyin Oo Lwin to Hsipaw and Hsipaw to Inle Lake

You can use this link for booking and click "DETAILS" for departure point. I notice the train arrives in Hsipaw at 14.55 and that will not leave you much time if the train is slightly late. How about staying in Hsipaw one night to be sure.

http://myanmarbusticket.com/home/ticket/Hsipaw-to-Nyaung%20Shwe~Inle%20Lake

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Pyin Oo Lwin to Hsipaw and Hsipaw to Inle Lake

Thanks for Ray and Puerto reply. That's my concern too, i can't catch the bus if there is a severe delay of train.

Or should i drop at Kyaukme station so i have more time for the bus ?

Reply to: Pyin Oo Lwin to Hsipaw and Hsipaw to Inle Lake
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pyin Oo Lwin (Maymyo)