We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

natural bridge attractions

Maine
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
natural bridge attractions

I am planning to stop at Natural bridge, VA this June and am looking for feedback from anyone who has visited there. Is it a good place to visit with children or a tourist trap? I have heard both things but mostly older reviews.

Virginia Safari Park
Nature & Wildlife Areas
The Natural Bridge of Virginia
Historic Sites, Geologic Formations, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Dinosaur Kingdom II
Monuments & Statues, Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
North Carolina
Level Contributor
626 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: natural bridge attractions

I found it to be a unique place to visit. However, I am 44 years old. My daddy took us there as a child and I have been back twice since then. I remember it as a fascinating trip from childhood.But that was tied probably more to the fact that my daddy took us than to the bridge itself. That said... as an adult, I don't know if your children would be fascinated by it now. It is a rock bridge over a small river with some history of Jefferson and Washington and indians behind it. That's about it. I do recall it was a little expensive just to see the rock bridge. When I was a child it was free. I think I paid $14.00 for one adult ticket last year to see it. That would be alot for an entire family even if you got a discount for your children.

There is a zoo on the other side of the exit as well. This is not the same as the Natural bridge zoo. You could easily see both in 4-5 hourstops.

Therefore, I suggest if you are passing through the area... by all means take time to stop and observe a natural wonder if you have the money. If that is all you are driving down to see, then I would keep looking for other things to do.

Mentioned in this post
Washington
Washington
United States
Indian Head, MD
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: natural bridge attractions

Me, my girlfriend, and my 1 year old daughter went last week and it was alright for something different. I bought the four attraction deal and that was $56. That included the bridge and trail walk, toy museum, wax museum, and caverns. The trail walk was kinda long and the paths were muddy so dont wear any good shoes and no strollers. You have to walk down like 100 plus stairs just to start. Toy museum is for adults to remember their childhood but i enjoyed it a lot and im 24. The wax museum is cool because the man who made them is very good and everything looks tooo real. The caverns were sad.....if you have ever been to luray caverns then you dont want to go here. The worst part was the walk but the best part was they turn off the lights to show you what it would have been like to work down there. Out of the whole trip the ZOO was the BEST part of the trip. You are so close to the animals...even tigers!!! We found a little hotel on the same street for $50 a night, with a lil' restaurant next to it....that was aight.

3. Re: natural bridge attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Natural Bridge