We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Southern Vermont with Teenagers

DC
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
5 days in Southern Vermont with Teenagers

We are a family with teens (15 and 18) looking for a quiet place to hike and swim for a few days in mid-August, with access to vegan-friendly restaurants nearby. We would Prefer a cabin or small resort to a motel, but realize it is late in the game to be too choosy. Thanks for any suggestions!

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in Southern Vermont with Teenagers

You should be able to find vegan friendly food in Brattleboro. They have an alternative vibe that includes a great food coop and farmer's market. I am not aware of any resorts in that area. Vacation rentals can be found via TA, VRBO, or airbnb. You could try a ski area like Mount Snow or Stratton....both have condos and etc. but may not be what you are looking for.

Brattleboro, Vermont
Level Contributor
1 post
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in Southern Vermont with Teenagers

You have some great recommendations already for summer rentals. It does get busy in Vermont during the summer, so being creative will be key!

I wanted to mention a popular restaurant in Brattleboro that is exclusively vegan. I've not visited but several friends are really happy with the quality, variety, and creativity. Here's a link: http://superfreshcafe.com/menu/

Have fun on your visit!

3. Re: 5 days in Southern Vermont with Teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2016, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Brattleboro
More Brattleboro Topics