Here are some tips & tricks:
1. Lift tickets: Costco has 2 adult 1-day lift tickets for $129. You can just use these directly so no need to redeem or exchange at the ticket counter. If you end up buying too many (we bought it for four days per person), if you have the full tickets and coupon unused, you can return them to Costco for a refund.
Otherwise, you can go to the Sports Den and get day tickets for $74ish or 2 out of 7 days for $136.
2. Rentals: We had our own snowboards, but a friend rented skis for very cheap at Sports Authority in Park City. $85 for 4 days or something like that. Included boots, poles, and skis.
3. The Cabriolet parking lot is free. If you want to park closer to the mountain it's $10.
4. We stayed in the Red Pine condos, and the owner had renovated a few years back and it was perfect. I hear others aren't well taken care of so look for individual owners through VRBO or Flipkey. The cabriolet is walking distance but like others have said, it'd be a pain to walk up the hill after a full days' ride/ski.
5. The Canyons entire left side of the mountain (if you're looking/facing the map) is closed right now. They're making some snow but everyone should be praying for more snow for every single mountain in the nation ;) A local also told us Park City resort is able to make more snow because they have better access to water.
Park City was a lot of fun to walk around even if it was super cold (for me) outside. High West Distillery was very cool.