We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Utah Olympic Park or Park City Mountain Resort for Summer

Baltimore
Level Contributor
368 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Utah Olympic Park or Park City Mountain Resort for Summer

Which is better for this time of year activities? Or somewhere else in the area?

Zip Lines, Coasters, scenic views etc...

I've watched a few videos and they all seem similar but is one better then the other?

4 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Utah Olympic Park or Park City Mountain Resort for Summer

Utah Olympic Park will have the extreme tubing, three different ropes courses, different ziplines, Tower Drop, the steepest zipline in the country, etc. And it's worth the extra $25 upgrade on the Gold Pass to get a ride on the Olympic bobsled track. It's quite spectacular going about 70 MPH and pulling 5G's.

In addition, is the museum and the Olympic training jumps with pool to watch the athletes. It's a great connection to the Olympic legacy of the Salt Lake games. Also, keep in mind that some of the features in UOP have age requirements of 13-years-old.

Park City has the Alpine Coaster, probably longer Alpine Slide and zipline, will be more scenic, and it's also 15 minutes closer to town. It will also have restaurants and small shops in the base area. Day passes include features in both the Park City Base area and Canyons Village area, so it would be like two different dates rolled into a single day. And if you like mountain biking, I think lift serviced biking is included. You'll want to double check that though.

Both are fun and worth spending time and have different merits. If I had to choose one, I'd probably pick Utah Olympic Park because of the bobsled and connection to the Olympic games. It's a very unique facility and Americans should feel a sense of pride that part of it belongs to them.

Edited: 11 September 2017, 22:11
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Utah Olympic Park or Park City Mountain Resort for Summer

Correction: The bobsled ride in the summer pulls 3+ G's. Wintertime goes over 80 MPH and pulls 5 G's.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,935 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Utah Olympic Park or Park City Mountain Resort for Summer

Can't go too wrong either way. I would lean towards the Utah Olympic Park. Make sure to visit the Alf Engen Ski Museum - couple of really cool interactive rides/displays inside.

Have fun.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
368 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Utah Olympic Park or Park City Mountain Resort for Summer

Thanks for the responses. I am going to go with Olympic Park. How much time should allot for this?

Reply to: Utah Olympic Park or Park City Mountain Resort for Summer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted