We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Park City from SLC

Hudson, North...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to get to Park City from SLC

My husband and I will be arriving around 11 am at SLC at the end of March. What is the best and most affordable way for us to travel to Park City? Shuttle, Uber, taxi? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
14,204 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Park City from SLC

I wouldn't take a taxi. Do some research online for shuttle services. There are shared shuttles from the airport and private shuttles. Google: "Ground transportation from Salt Lake City airport to Park City". Several options will come up. Uber may be comparable in price. Research that as well.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Park City from SLC

If you scroll through the Park City Forum on TA, there's a huge string on best way to get here.

People say Uber works well, I guess there's also Uber-ski which is supposed to either have ski rack or be large enough to put skis inside or in a truck bed (4-door pickup).

When I've used a shuttle service I have used Park City Transportation

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,899 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Park City from SLC

Uber is the least expensive way to get to Park City. Uber Ski, which is being tested in Salt Lake City, is a good way to go if you have ski gear. It's a bit more expensive. It's usually around $35-40 for an Uber X from SLC to PC, maybe more depending on where in PC. Readily available.

Have fun.

Brighton, Michigan
Level Contributor
650 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Park City from SLC

Is the Uber cost per person each way? We will have 2 families of 4 (so 8 people) with 3 prs of skis and 4 snowboards

Maybe better to take a shuttle with our larger group?

Edited: 10 August 2017, 03:42
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,899 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Park City from SLC

Shuttle prices are per person. Uber is per vehicle. If you have eight people I would do a couple of Uber Skis. Since my original response the price has gone up to around $50 for Uber Ski unless you hit surge pricing, which you should not at 11 a.m. Suspect it will rise again by winter. But that's far less than the $250-300 the group would pay each way for a shuttle.

Have fun.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get to Park City from SLC

I recently took a taxi from SLC to the Park City Hotel which cost $122 before tip (no traffic). The driver avoided rate questions when I got in and was quick to start driving so I felt trapped. There was no meter in site. The hotel concierge told me they've had several complaints and taxis will charge as much as $180.

Needless to say I took an Uber going back, cost about $40-$50.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,899 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get to Park City from SLC

Welcome to the forum, jmy632. SLC is no different than any airport in that everyone needs to use appropriate caution in using unknown transportation. That is one of the reasons I find Uber and Lyft so valuable. Any chance you got a license plate on the vehicle to report to airport police?

A taxi fare from SLC to Park City should be around $75-80. Uber is now around $50-55 (keeps going up).

Thanks for sharing your caution.

Reply to: Best way to get to Park City from SLC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted