We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MV on the way to Santa Fe??

Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
MV on the way to Santa Fe??

We are coming from Moab and were going to stay a night or two in Cortez to see Mesa Verde in March. Although I just read that most things will be closed so I’m rethinking my plan. I’m considering going to Monument Valley instead for a night on the way to Santa Fe. Is this doable? It looks like it will add some travel time but I’d love to see MV. Are there other places that would make a better stopping place for one or two nights in early March between Moab and Santa Fe? TIA

3 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,887 posts
449 reviews
1. Re: MV on the way to Santa Fe??

Very doable and I don't see it adding a really notable amount of time. Check now as reservations can be a challenge in short term.

Have fun.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,146 posts
250 reviews
2. Re: MV on the way to Santa Fe??

Yes, go to Monument Valley. Book a night at the View or Goulding’s RIGHT NOW. There are no other options.

Save Mesa Verde for warmer months when everything is open and accessible.

Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
3. Re: MV on the way to Santa Fe??

Thank you! Got a front row cabin at The View booked! Read the view may not be as great but thought it might work better with children. So after we visit Santa Fe, we will be leaving Taos and driving back through.. is there somewhere that would make a great stop on our way back? Any interesting places to stay between Taos and Moab? Thank you!

Reply to: MV on the way to Santa Fe??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted