We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

View Hotel room

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
49 posts
View Hotel room

I am in the process of booking our one night stay at the View hotel. It shows me different room options. Please suggest per your experience. Mainly looking for good view.

8 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,176 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: View Hotel room

Every room at The View Hotel has the same view. Don’t overthink this. Rooms that are farther from the lobby require a longer walk.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: View Hotel room

From the View Hotel webwsite:

"Premium view rooms are located furthest from the lobby and offer a completely unobstructed View of the Monuments below. For the best overall experience, stay in one of the Star View rooms which are located on the top floor of the hotel and offer a great view of both the Monuments below and the magnificent night sky as they are not incumbered by a balcony above."

Per RedRox, for most tourists no real difference in the views. However, if you want to take night sky pictures you want to be in a room (or walk outside of your room) farthest from the lobby area as there will be less light pollution.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
535 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: View Hotel room

Just make sure you don't book the least expensive rooms they have - they don't have a view of the valley (listed as such). They look out on the parking lot.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,550 posts
176 reviews
4. Re: View Hotel room

rsgdmd, were you in the hotel? or the cabins? All the hotel rooms have views of the valley.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,176 posts
250 reviews
5. Re: View Hotel room

rsgdmd apparently booked one of the rooms that are designated for tour bus drivers. They are indeed minimal rate rooms and not normally released to the general public.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,550 posts
176 reviews
6. Re: View Hotel room

I didn't even know you could get those.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
535 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: View Hotel room

I did not stay in one of the rooms without a view. Just noticed them while we were there.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
117 reviews
8. Re: View Hotel room

I have stayed in one of the Premium view rooms on the second floor. The view was amazing! I personally think the extra $20 they charge for the premium view is worth it. I am hopefully going back there this year and I will be booking a Premium second floor room again.

Reply to: View Hotel room
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted