We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navajo Spirit MV tour or Mystery Valley tour or both?

Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
553 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Navajo Spirit MV tour or Mystery Valley tour or both?

We will be visiting Monument Valley in October.. driving from Page and arriving late morning.. We have already booked the Navajo Spirit Monument Valley tour at 1:00 pm.. and then we are staying at the View hotel for the night. I just read about the Mystery Valley tour and thought it sounded interesting also.. Which one is better? Or should we do the 1:00 pm MV tour and then do the sunset Mystery Valley tour also? Or would that be too tiring (he is 73 and I am 59)? We have never been to Monument Valley before, and my husband has always wanted to go there.. from seeing it in so many John Wayne movies.. LOL. This will be our only visit.. so I want to make it as special as possible.. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Navajo Spirit Tours - Day Tours
Navajo Spirit Tours...
1,386 Reviews
Monument Valley, UT
The View Hotel
The View Hotel
6,093 Reviews
Monument Valley, UT
3 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,854 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Navajo Spirit MV tour or Mystery Valley tour or both?

We did both on the same day last fall. (MV back country plus Mystery Valley) There is no better, between the two. They compliment each other. If you have the time, do both.

Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
553 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Navajo Spirit MV tour or Mystery Valley tour or both?

Will we have the time if our MV backcountry tour is at 1:00 and the other one is at sunset? I looked up what time the sunset is supposed to be on October 4 and it says around 7:00 pm.. but I didn't know what time the tour would start.. We are staying at the View hotel, so we would just need to check in and drop our luggage in the room between the two tours... thanks Redrox!

Mentioned in this post
The View Hotel
The View Hotel
6,093 Reviews
Monument Valley, UT
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,854 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navajo Spirit MV tour or Mystery Valley tour or both?

No. We began at 8AM, broke for lunch between the tours, and finished at 4PM.

Reply to: Navajo Spirit MV tour or Mystery Valley tour or both?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted