We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route 12 or route 163 with RV?

Ostend, Belgium
Level Contributor
51 posts
15 reviews
Route 12 or route 163 with RV?

Hello!

Really need your help again. I want to visit Zion, Bryce, Antelope and Canyonlands and Arches. I see there are 2 options: From LV to Zion, take a detour to Page (Antelope Canyon), drive back to visit Bryce Canyon and take the route 12 to Moab. Route 12 seems to be really beautiful. Is it doable with a small RV (only 22ft)?

OR

Do I drive from LV to Zion, then to Bryce, coninue to Page end then via route 163 to Moab (to get a glance of Monument Valley.

Can you give your advice and experience please?

Is Grand Canyon North Rim a must see or can I skyp this if I go to all the other parks already? I want to spend more time in one park so I need to choose.

Thank you in advance!

Jeanique

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
54 reviews
11. Re: Route 12 or route 163 with RV?

Good info. Thank you!

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
71 reviews
12. Re: Route 12 or route 163 with RV?

I think you are right about Hole In The Rock road and Spooky/Peekaboo are on a side road off that as well.

Little Wild Horse is a nice slot canyon near Goblin Valley and you would have no problem getting there and turning round in the large parking area/campsite. Goblin Valley itself would be great fodder for the books.

There are so many things to do between Kodachrome and Moab but your large vehicle will prevent you stopping sometimes due to parking space, Calf Creek Falls on 12 is likely to be a problem for instance. Obviously there is Capitol Reef NP which has parking space at the visitor center but a shortage of large spaces at some other turnouts and hiking.

13. Re: Route 12 or route 163 with RV?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2018, 04:16