We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The View - cabin versus hotel for unobstructed Mittens view?

MA
Level Contributor
253 posts
1 review
The View - cabin versus hotel for unobstructed Mittens view?

Spending one night at The View in early May 2018. What level of cabin and/or what level of hotel has the best unobstructed view if the Mittens. Hope to get some incredible camera shots. Thank you.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,106 posts
249 reviews
1. Re: The View - cabin versus hotel for unobstructed Mittens view?

The hotel rooms are superior. Cabins are in rows. Even if you're in the front row, you might have to cope with humans in front of you. Private patios in the hotel rooms are all unobstructed, and elevated

Edited: 13 February 2017, 03:57
Harlingen,TX
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: The View - cabin versus hotel for unobstructed Mittens view?

Yes, we had an unobstructed Mittens view from the least expensive hotel room. Well worth it!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,547 posts
170 reviews
3. Re: The View - cabin versus hotel for unobstructed Mittens view?

I'm sure you could get an unobstructed view of the valley from the cabins. However they are situated far enough to the left that the view is not quite the classic one you would see from the View. I'd stay at the hotel if you want the best view.

MA
Level Contributor
253 posts
1 review
4. Re: The View - cabin versus hotel for unobstructed Mittens view?

Love you guys..... You are "the best"!! I was "leaning" toward the Hotel, as it seemed to have a higher elevation and better vantage point. Thank you all so much for confirming that thought. Even though a lot of people say that the TOP FLOOR Star View isn't a necessity - since we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, I think that we will SPLURGE and go for a Premium Queen Star View room, particularly since it is only a ONE night stay. We will "economize" somewhere else - I hope, anyway...LOL

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
47 posts
623 reviews
5. Re: The View - cabin versus hotel for unobstructed Mittens view?

I loved my cabin view from a front row cabin. Never having stayed in the hotel, I cannot compare. I am sure you will be happy with your choice.

6. Re: The View - cabin versus hotel for unobstructed Mittens view?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2018, 07:18