We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any restaurants open thanksgiving dinner?

Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Any restaurants open thanksgiving dinner?

I will be arriving in Waco around dinner time on Thanksgiving. Will there be anything open or should I plan on eating protein bars?

9 replies to this topic
McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
823 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Any restaurants open thanksgiving dinner?

I'm calling around and striking out so far. :(

Barnett's Pub is having a Turkey Trot (actually a Scavenger Hunt) and the $25 ticket includes food afterwards. http://barnettspublichouse.com/ They have a Facebook page that has a little more information, and you can message them to see if you can just show up and eat.

I'll keep trying and post back if I can find something.

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
823 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Any restaurants open thanksgiving dinner?

Sorry to double post. Where are you staying and will you have a car?

The Salty Dog will be open http://www.saltydogwaco.com/index.html but will likely only be serving appetizers. But they're really GOOD (and filling) appetizers. :)

Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Any restaurants open thanksgiving dinner?

I will have a car (not sure of the neighborhood but not too far from downtown- at an air bnb), thanks! Will keep that in mind.

Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Any restaurants open thanksgiving dinner?

Thanks

Marlin Texas USA
Level Contributor
305 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: Any restaurants open thanksgiving dinner?

Golden Corral https://www.yelp.com/biz/golden-corral-waco will be open on Thanksgiving. We have neighbors who go there every Thanksgiving and are happy with their meal. It is a buffet, so don't expect too much.

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
823 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Any restaurants open thanksgiving dinner?

Since you're staying in an AirBnB, you'll have access to a kitchen, correct? There are local WalMarts that sell groceries and will be open Thanksgiving evening for Black Friday, if you're in the mood to do that.

Would your AirBnB host be willing to put a couple of things in the refrigerator for you to have when you get there?

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
823 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Any restaurants open thanksgiving dinner?

I keep missing the window of opportunity to edit. LOL. Sorry, again, for the double post.

While it isn't uniquely Waco, Cracker Barrel is open on Thanksgiving.

Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Any restaurants open thanksgiving dinner?

Thanks! I know I have some choices! I didn’t even think of grabbing a few groceries on my way!

Dallas
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: Any restaurants open thanksgiving dinner?

I would expect restaurants in the Hilton and Indigo to be open on Thanksgiving. Also, checking yelp.com for "restaurants open on Thanksgiving" near Waco, TX brings up a list of a few. Saltgrass Steakhouse is on that list, so maybe confirm with them. Also a BBQ place...

Reply to: Any restaurants open thanksgiving dinner?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waco