My daughters and I are having a girl week in Waco. Our accommodation is the "German Schmere" house seen in the show Fixer Upper. Our evenings are going to be spent in the house cooking and enjoying the home and each other but our days will be spent touring the city. I have been there with my husband, but my grown daughters have not.
1. Is there a good deli or market we could order a charcuterie, nice cheese, dried fruits, nuts and wine? I'm bringing a couple of special bottles from home, but am hoping to find a "gourmet" shop that has everything.
2. Also looking for a good butcher shop to buy nice, grass fed beef steaks and fresh, wild caught salmon to grill.
3. Please list your favorite restaurant and why. We aren't looking for the most expensive nor the most trendy. Rather, we like small, chef owned restaurants which care about the food, where it comes from, the preparation, etc. It can be a hole in the wall Mexican food place which is family owned and uses grandma's recipes or it can be fine dining.
4. We are doing the Magnolia store, cupcakes, food trucks, coffee, breakfast restaurant, etc. What are some other fun stores and coffee shops nearby?
5. Finally, we are going to the Dr. Pepper cafe for a float. I've toured the museum and loved it but don't think the girls will so we are skipping that. Are there other similar unique places in Waco which have a one of a kind experience like having a original recipe Dr. Pepper ice cream float?