We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Suites

airdrie
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Coral Suites

Hi

Arriving at CS in June.

Reading recent reviews I am very concerned about the overbooking

which is happening at this hotel!!!.

I have pm 2 reviewers but no reply as yet.

I don't know if this problem is the travel companies or the hotel?

I have emailed jet2holidays no reply as yet.

Anyone aware of this problem?

Don't want this hassle when we arrive, any input gratefully accepted

Thanks Betty.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Coral Suites

Hi! I am also due to stay here in June (booked with Jet2Holidays also) and like you have read several reviews regarding overbooking/awful food/rude staff, the main cause for concern of course being the overbooking! Another poster on this forum has contacted Jet2 regarding the overbooking and they said this couldn't possibly happen to Jet2 customers as Jet2 have reserved a certain amount of rooms with the hotel (they of course would say that). When I booked the holiday back in January the Sunprime had only positive reviews and was rated quite highly but it's just gotten worse and worse in the last few months, I would never have booked to stay there if I knew of this overbooking issue.

airdrie
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Coral Suites

hi

We also booked a few months back when all the reports were good.

It will be interesting to hear which holiday companies this has happened with.

I have spoken to jet2holidays by phone and was assured our rooms would be available.

I have since emailed as I want some sort of written assurance to have on us if this

situation occurs.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Coral Suites

Honestly I have thought about doing the same with regards to contacting Jet2 and having prior confirmation from them that in the 'likely' event our room is not available, that we will be duly compensated *and* refunded the difference (the favourite hotel they like to despatch people off to is the much cheaper sister hotel 'Compostela Beach'), It is an outrage that you pay more to stay at an adult only hotel (plus we have paid a bit extra for a quieter room) only to be shipped off to a family oriented block of apartments in any room they feel like allocating you! What day are you arriving? We will be arriving the day before my birthday on 15th June (might not be a happy birthday at this rate!)

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Coral Suites

The 4*** Bitacora Hotel is next door - that's where I'd be pushing to be 'shipped off' too .

http://www.hotelbitacora.com/

Nottingham
Level Contributor
54 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Coral Suites

I don't think they would do that as the Compostela is part of the same hotel chain, they like to keep it internal! Despite the fact they claim they have 'no record' of your booking..

airdrie
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Coral Suites

Hi

We arrive in 1st June. regarding Compostela Beach this is no way an alternative option.

No disrespect to CB we have stayed there a few times when the kids came on holiday.

It did the job then however the complex can only be regarded as 3 star.

We booked a 4 star AI Adults only hotel and we expect to get what we paid for!!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
12,182 posts
44 reviews
7. Re: Coral Suites

They also own the California apts further down the road, and this also another favourite that they like to try and move guest to.

And the California like to move there overbookings to their sister hotel the bonanza.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: Coral Suites

sounds like they are ...." cowboys " ...( bonanza ) ......we are due there sunday 16th all confirmation is on the paperwork jet2 send you.....and they say that a rep is just a phone call away ....i know all the recent reviews are a bit worrying but theres nothing anyone can do ....till it happens ....and believe me if it happens to us.....there will be fireworks !! and i will prob spend my hols in a police cell !!...lol. but by the sounds of it may be a better option !...lol.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Coral Suites

We have booked this hotel too due to the earlier great reviews and because it is an adults only hotel. We will be arriving 31st May and are also worried about the 'overbooking'. This is the first time in 5 years of holidaying in Tenerife at least twice a year that we have booked a package holiday, with JET2. We have also been assured that there will be no problem with our room but for me it is a worry and overshadows your excitement of your upcoming holiday.

I agree with BettyAirdrie that we have paid for 4 star adults only and will expect only that but I am just praying that there will be no problems as I have a very fiery husband lol.

Will definitely go back to booking my holiday Independently after all this worry!!!!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Coral Suites

Hope its all no issue for anyone and you all have a wonderful time .However i just want to point out a few things as i just dont want anyone to fall foul of certain issues .....

"IF" you remain firm but calm ,and treat who ever is in front of you at reception this will more than likely have a better out come .If you upset them they wont work for you ,so remain calm .

I read posts of bravado and hope it is just that ...but be aware if things do get OTT ,neither the hotel or the Travel Company will help .If for instance the hotel for such behaviour decide not to allow you to stay or put you elsewhere ,The travel company have no obligation to get you somewhere else either .......

Please dont read this as a lecture ,i just want you to obtain a favourable outcome .

I have said this before Compostello IMO is not a fair exchange ,not stayed at the California but i dont think this is either ..

Has anyone contacted their Tour operators and voiced their concerns ,has anyone pointed out to them the now many various posts and threads about this situation ?? Have you had a reply ?...if youhave and its made assurances to say "This wont Happen" then make sure you take a copy of it with you ,it will work for those with than those without that assurance .......you will be priority as such ,

As said hope your fears are just that ,and you all have a fantastic holiday

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations