We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Dublin
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Weather

Hi heading over to las americas on Thursday is the weather as bad as I seen on the news hear any info really appreciated we look forward to our mothers day break every year and always go here looking forward to some good news lol

Cheers

Linda

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Linda ..this is the latest forecast ...still not good , but you click onto Wednesday you will see it starts to get better .. Green is good !

www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/avisos…

Sylla

Dublin
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Thanks Sylla fingers toes and everything else crossed

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,685 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Come on Linda ,even the news cant make it look that bad when its not !

Yes its really really bad ,my son in law has lived in Tenerife for well over a decade and its the worst weather he has ever seen .Also this Christmas ,New year period was the coldest nights he has ever had whilst living there ,and up to this storm the cold nights continued .Not sure if they still are ,think they are more concerned about storm damage ,and in door flooding when they return home from work !

Reports are suggesting it will blow over in the next day or so ,but who knows ,if the winds change direction it could come back !!!

Hope you escape it ......

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Hi, we have been in Tenerife during other storms, and surprised how quickly local people clear up and get back to normal. By the time you get out on Thursday you will be met by a clear blue sky hot sunshine. You will soon be walking in the shade!!

Have a great holiday.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Hi Linda

My parents are currently near Los Cristianos and although today the weather is better in that it is not raining they have said that it is a lot colder than usual for this time of year.

I don't want to dampen your spirits but probably worth taking a couple of extra cardigans just in case.

Louise

Dublin
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

Thanks to all the very encouraging comments i'm so looking forward to getting out there and will think only positve thoughts lol.

Linda

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

It can change Linda , don't loose heart ...We were in Los Cris for two weeks mid January ... it just got hotter and hotter by the day ! A few clouds at the beginning and then not one to be seen , when I could have done with just a little one ! we finished with temps at 34degrees .....

Take the extra cardigans ! then you won't need them LOL ! I did and only used one just once and that was for traveling !

Sylla

Edited: 05 March 2013, 16:01
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

Agree with all above,

On one of our stays in pdla a couple of years ago, we had storms all week,it was early feb I think. Lots of things blown down etc, but in no time at all it was all put right, last day we had sun and following week the sun was cracking the flags( as if they hadnt had enough trouble ), only thing was we were back home then, LOL.

But for you the weather is already picking up and I am sure it will be hot as it always is right after storms, so dont worry.

ENJOY !!!

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather

Linda LOL ! click onto Thursday ( Jueves ) all green ! ;-)

www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/avisos…

Sylla

Edited: 05 March 2013, 16:49
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather

Been sitting round pool all day today here in PDLA. There was quite a lot of cloud about midday and without the sun and the brisk wind it did feel a bit cool . However it's been a good day ( after yesterday) and lovely and hot in the sun. The next few days are looking better too !

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas