We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mare Nostrum Resorts

airdrie
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Mare Nostrum Resorts

Help please going to MNR in November priced b&b and have the option to go half board.Has anyone done H/B and what were the restraunfs like? and what price for dinner as opposed to the restraunts in Safara? Any info would be very helpfull

cheers Betty

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Mare Nostrum Resorts

It is about 3 years since I last stayed there but in my opinion - don't do it. Restaurants are very expensive in comparison to others, even Safari or you are stuck with a "poor" buffet. How much are they wanting to charge you?

Nelly

England
Level Contributor
157 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Mare Nostrum Resorts

Betty,

There really are so many wonderful resteraunts around your hotel that, in my opinion, it would be an absolute travesty if you went H/B and missed out

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Mare Nostrum Resorts

stayed at the med palace a few years ago on bed/breakfast, it was great. Take a stroll out in the evenings and enjoy .

airdrie
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Mare Nostrum Resorts

Hi thanks for youre replies think we will upgrade to half board always something to choose from thanks Betty

Connah's Quay...
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Mare Nostrum Resorts

just got back from your resort, plenty of resturaunts, cafe bars, cheap or expensive, i will never go half board again, ate out every night , good 3 course meals and a drink 10 euros each....

Troon, United...
2 posts
1 review
6. Re: Mare Nostrum Resorts

Betty,

Was at the Mediteranean Palace, one of the MNR hotels in September, we were b and b

this was more than adequate to keep you going most of the day, half board may be too much.

The hotel restaurant and food is excellant, quality all over the place five star luxury.

Local restaurants are superb and reasonably priced.

Beware of camera scam on the front, Students Cash and Carry get you in their shop and you are not allowed out without a purchase. Do not buy anything the quality is rubbish.

Las Americas was also great and will be back, hope you have a great time.

Frank, Troon.

7. Re: Mare Nostrum Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2011, 22:28
airdrie
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Mare Nostrum Resorts

Thanks for all the replies sadly we have left it too late to book only single rooms available but will take on board all replies there is always next year

thanks Betty.

Troon, United...
2 posts
1 review
9. Re: Mare Nostrum Resorts

Try this address:

www.marienostrumresort.com

or telephone :

0034-922-75-75-45.

Frank, Troon.

manchester
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Mare Nostrum Resorts

stay'd in Cleopatra hotel B&B in June, breakfasts were lovely but don't suggest that you go 1/2 board as there are some really nice resteraunts above the the fountains that are very reasonable especially the steak house at the side of Harry's bar also nice places in the surrounding area. Los Christianos also has nice places in little narrow streets and on the main road going towards Los Christianos there are a few Spanish Tapas bars which have lovely views of the sea at the back so I don't think it is worth you going 1/2 board.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas