We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a lidl in Santa ponsa or cheap super market?

milton keynes
Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a lidl in Santa ponsa or cheap super market?

Hi there wondered if anyone could tell me where a cheap supermarket is in Santa ponsa. Have been stung before in other mallorcon resorts buying nappies and food etc :) staying at jardin del mar apartments. Many thanks

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a lidl in Santa ponsa or cheap super market?

Theres a large Eroski just as you come off the motorway on the main road down to the sea front. Its is however pretty much right over the other side of the resort to your hotel I''m afriad and not sure theres any large supermarkets in the Costa de la Calma area.

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a lidl in Santa ponsa or cheap super market?

As the pp says there is eroski on the other side of santa ponsa just up from the roundabout/bus station but it's not very cheap. Think I paid about €15 for the cheapest nappies(my mum said they were like what she used when I was a baby in the 80's lol) but they do more expensive prob better but for more money- only needed them do the last day so didn't want to spend a fortune! Can't say I see another large supermarket anywhere in Santa ponsa but I could be wrong. I would try and take as many with you as you can or buy them at the airport when u have gone through security and put them in your hand luggage. Gl.

España
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a lidl in Santa ponsa or cheap super market?

There is no Lidl in Santa Ponsa, but there is one in Palmanova, and to be honest, the taxifare to Palmanova will make it worth while, because the supermarkets in Santa Ponsa are very expensive

España
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a lidl in Santa ponsa or cheap super market?

There is no LIDL in Santa Ponsa, there is one in Palmanova, and the taxifare might be worth your while, because the supermarkets in Santa Ponsa are very expensive

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,587 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a lidl in Santa ponsa or cheap super market?

There is a large supermarket just up the road from Jardin del Mar. Sorry, I have no idea about the price of nappies though. Imported brands like Pampers will generally be expensive, maybe try to find out what the equivalent Spanish brand is to get best value.

The taxi fare to Palma Nova and back again will be around 20 euros. Only you know if it will be worth it.

UK
Level Contributor
209 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a lidl in Santa ponsa or cheap super market?

I find the Eroski supermarket good value for fresh foods but very expensive for branded goods. We just overcome that by taking tea, coffee etc with us.

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a lidl in Santa ponsa or cheap super market?

A taxi to lidl costs about €9 one way. its about 10 mins in a taxi

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a lidl in Santa ponsa or cheap super market?

On seeing that is only €18 in a taxi I wised I had known as I would have used lidl instead Last year lol defo worry the taxi ride then if you are going self catering. Plus the lidl nappies and baby things are ment to b quite good :)

milton keynes
Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a lidl in Santa ponsa or cheap super market?

Many thanks everyone for all your replies much appreciated ;)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there a lidl in Santa ponsa or cheap super market?

Hi Again

Theres a Large supermarket 30 seconds walk from jardin del mar sells everthing you need for a self catering holiday. as you said youve been stung b4. But if its not much hassle bring a few packets of soup/noodles etc great for lunches.

Get answers to your questions about Santa Ponsa
Recent Conversations