We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona airport to Salou

Which Salou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
402 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona airport to Salou

Hi,

I've been looking into transfer options from Barcelona to Salou (I wish I'd realised how far it was before I booked!) and now I'm more confused than when I started!

I've been reading the forums - are there two airports in Barcelona? I've seen El Prat and Gironia mentioned I think. Is that right?

The company we booked our flight and accommodation with is quoting £33 per person for a shuttle bus return, as there's five of us I'm guessing a private taxi return will be the best option as I've found a company offering a private return for around £39 a person.

The flight arrives at 21:35 so I'm guessing we'll be too late for public transport, if it exists?

If anyone can offer some better (cheaper and time saving) options I'd be very grateful.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
402 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona airport to Salou

I've found the train timetables and it looks like the last one from Barcelona is 21:30 so that's no good.

Has anyone done the public bus before?

If we do a private transfer, can anyone recommend a good company?

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona airport to Salou

http://www.autocarsplana.com/ This company does transfers from all airports. El prat is the nearest airport to Barcelona it is 10k away. Girona is approx 100km away.

If it is El pra t you are flying into why not spend the night in Barcelona see the city and all it has to offer then make your way to salou the next evening?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,229 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona airport to Salou

Barcelona has only *one* airpor: Barcelona El Prat (BCN).

Girona airport (GRO), is only (mis)called Barcelona by Ryanair. As said above is approx 100km away, but in the North side... so about 200Km away from Salou.

The closer airport to Salou is Reus (REU), also renamed 'Barcelona' by Ryanair creative marketing department. Its as well about 100km away from Barcelona, but in the South side.

If you have to fly to BCN, I'd agree with crazeedaisy: spending a night in Barcelona will not be a bad idea.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona airport to Salou

hi I would double check that price for return private taxi to salou.If that price is return and not single then I would book it you will not get cheaper than that.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
402 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona airport to Salou

Thanks guys,

We're booked on an package deal so we want to get straight to the hotel.

I am thinking about heading back to Barcelona early on our final day and spending the day there as our return flights are late evening.

I need to find out whether there is somewhere to store luggage in Barcelona city and weigh up the cost of a return private transfer to and from the airport versus one way transport from the airport to the hotel and whatever transport is available for the return journey from salou into Barcelona. More research for me!

Barcelona
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona airport to Salou

You could get the train which should work out cheaper and on your final day leave your luggage in the train's station's (Barcelona Sants) secure storage area, Which company was offering you a private transfer to Salou for £39 per person return as that's a really good price?

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelona airport to Salou

Yes, it is a fair distance from Barcelona Airport to Salou.

A couple of years ago we flew in to Barcelona -and took a private taxi transfer to Vilanova Park, which is approx 40 mins drive - we paid 60 Euros for that - return price. I thought that was pretty good.

However, Salou is probably another half hour travel on top of that.

Will you need a hire car when you are in Salou? That could be another option - to hire a car from the airport and keep it for the week?

Otherwise - I think the simplest thing is just to book the transfer at £33 per head - it is a lot, but would be least hassle.

x

8. Re: Barcelona airport to Salou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Salou