We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reus airport to Salou

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Reus airport to Salou

Hiya,

What is the cheapest/best way to get into Salou form airport. Have seen some sites saying it should cost around 18 Euros per taxi but there are 5 of us so need a 7 seater. Do they have them at the airport and at what cost?

I have been quoted 50 Euros by the Agent we are booking apartment through (local agent for private apt`s) but this is just to their office in Salou and then they say should be around 10-15 Euros from there to apt. So total of 65 Euros each way for transfer in taxi ( £90 total !). How far is it? Thought it was only 15-20 mins away so this seems very steep compared to UK for a taxi!!

If that is the general price then fare enough but don`t like getting stung thats all. Cheers

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reus airport to Salou

There is an excellent bus service from Reus airport which takes you to the centre of Salou. Bus stop on promenade. Lugage is put in a luggage holder at the sides of the bus,

Copy and paste link and you will find all you need on the page. Vey cheap.

reus-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/airport-tr…

PS when are you going to Salou?

Phil

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Reus airport to Salou

Cheers Phil, going 23-30 June. Any other tips would be helpful like a couple of good family orientated pubs.

Kev

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Reus airport to Salou

Checked out the site. We arrive too late to get the bus as we get in at 20:35 so will miss the last one. Back to the taxi question then. Is that price fair? Or shall I get one when we get there?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reus airport to Salou

It is really hard to say what a fair price is for a taxi from the airport to Salou, however I am arriving in Barcelona, the day after you arrive and I also get in about 9.45pm

What I have done is to book a hotel room in Barcelona for 3 of us, which because I booked it in January costs only £55 for a triple room for one night which means I can catch a train next morning. My son and daughter will be with me.

There are plenty of family pubs in Salou, and it depends where you are staying in Salou. At the end what is known as Salou Cap, there is Rovers Return, which is basically a slap happy pub with organised silly games and karaoke nights. Average price for a British beer about £2.50.

At the other end of town, there is the Railway Inn which again is similar to that of the Rovers Return, but not quite as giddy. The advantage of the Railway is they serve food all day and in the evening, and the quality of the food is quite alright along with the prices.

If you message me through my e-mail address I will give you my mobile number and if you get stuck for any emergency then I will be able to phone you or text you with any info you may need, as in doctors dentists etc.

Enjoy your holiday and if you get the chance then go back into Barcelona purchase the Barcelona tour bus tickets(excellent value with a book of discounts including Port Aventura)

The tour bus is so easy to understand and they have guides on all the buses.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reus airport to Salou

Have made a little mistake. It is from Reus airport you are travelling to Salou and not from Barcelona as I seemed to have thought in the first place.

The distance between those two places is no more than 8 miles and does seem expensive for a taxi.

However a short 5 minute ride along the promenade, moving from the harbour to the Cap usually costs about £5, which I usually pay to avoid the crowds which are inevitable in June.

To get to Salou from Reus would mean catching a train to Tarragona and changing trains for Salou, so maybe a taxi is unfortunately your only choice.

Phil

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reus airport to Salou

Have made a little mistake. It is from Reus airport you are travelling to Salou and not from Barcelona as I seemed to have thought in the first place.

The distance between those two places is no more than 8 miles and does seem expensive for a taxi.

However a short 5 minute ride along the promenade, moving from the harbour to the Cap usually costs about £5, which I usually pay to avoid the crowds which are inevitable in June.

To get to Salou from Reus would mean catching a train to Tarragona and changing trains for Salou, so maybe a taxi is unfortunately your only choice.

Phil

london
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Reus airport to Salou

Hi try www.touchdowntours.co.uk . I have booked them for seven of us from Reus to Salou for approx 30 euros one way . You can email or phone them for a quote and to book and they will meet you at the airport with a name plaque etc . They also do competitively priced trips etc check them out !

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Reus airport to Salou

Thanks for that. Have requested quote from them. Have you got a coach transfer or a 7 seater/minibus just for you? Also where in Salou are you going?

london
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Reus airport to Salou

Hi ,I,m sure it's just us they are collecting ! we are staying at camping sanguli which is bottom end of salou towards cambrils ! we normally just get a bus outside the airport and they drop wherever people want to go and can arrange a pic up an day due to fly home ! the reason we're using this company is because they are so reasonable and its straight to sanguli !

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Reus airport to Salou

Have just booked with them. 30 Euros and that is including a stop off to get apt keys. I had booked one for 50 +15 Euros to do the same.

They are offering a 7 seater with guide for the day to go to Barcelona. The vehicle and guide are with us all day to take us where we want.

All for 170 Euros!!!!

Thanks again for this great bit of info.

Get answers to your questions about Salou
Recent Conversations