We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Parks

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Water Parks

hi peeps hope ya all well...cb ..mantalk..ect just a quick question ...when in benal last year i researched 2 water parks nearby but never went as little one was ill...but this year we hope to go but i cant remember names or where they were lol (duh)..all i remember is that 1 would be open and 1 didn't open until end of may...we go on the 11th to 18th...any help gratefully appreciated as usual

many thanks Carl :)

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Parks

Hey Carl, how's it going?

Yup, you're right. Here are the websites for both parks:

http://www.aquamijas.com/principalIng.html

www.aqualand.es/torremolinos/index.php…

IMO Torremolinos is the better one, it's bigger for a start. However, as with most water / them parks, refreshments and eats etc are not cheap, so it's worth taking a cool box with stuff for the little one etc, that way it's not such an expensive day out :)

CB

Mentioned in this post
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,270 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Parks

Aqualand didnt open until the 20th May in 2011. The website doesnt show this year yet.

Mijas opens 30th April.

You wouldnt get me in all that cold cold water in early May tho. Brrrrrr.........

Mentioned in this post
Mijas
Mijas
Costa del Sol, Spain
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Parks

LOL - i agree, but for the little one it would be fine, they have no sense, no feeling and are definately not scared of a bit of cold water if it means having heaps of fun haha!

Mind you, the good thing is whilst the pools are not that warm until June, the temperature out of it is usually in the 80's so easy to dry off and no fear of a cold ;-)

CB

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Parks

thanks cb and mantalk...can always rely on you 2 for answers cant wait to see benal again really looking forward to it...is the crocodile park worth a visit as the little one loves crocs ??

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Parks

You're welcome :)

A couple of my friends have been and said it was brillaint, so it's on my list of things to do (the list is getting longer lol)

CB

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,270 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Parks

Not been either Carl. Check out Rubens exchange office for discount tickets for both Aqualand and the croc park. At least 10% off.

cork
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Parks

Can anyone tell me if there are any water parks open for Half term, 25th oct to 4th nov in Costa Del Sol?.

Mentioned in this post
Costa del Sol
Costa del Sol
Province of Malaga, Spain
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Parks

Most Waterparks close after the Spanish children return to school mid-September and all are closed by now,

devon
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Water Parks

found your comments really helpful we re in benalmadina now been here 4 two wks and got 3 wks left low on cash .only been on the local baech with crisp sandwich an 26 euro can of beer lol oh and did get bus to mijas thought we was goin to die on the way up lol neva again ,so any cheap an cheerful things to do or places to go would be gr8 appreciated pete an kath from devon thanx

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
13,143 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water Parks

Welcome to the forum. Not sure why you picked this particular thread to put your question on but we will try to help if we can. Did you not bring enough cash to last for the 5 week stay? Bus to Mijas isn't that bad a ride up, now if you'd said Ronda I would've agreed it can be a bit scary.

What sort of things do you like to do, if you let us know we could suggest something. Paloma Park is free and is a good place to wander round. What sort of budget have you got per day, that would help too. Assume you are self catering?

Mentioned in this post
Mijas
Mijas
Costa del Sol, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain