We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Information Office / Bus Kiosk Information

Which Benalmadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Topic
Tourist Information Office / Bus Kiosk Information

Hi everyone

Just thought i'd link back to the old thread that contained some very useful information on this subject.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g562812-i10092-k…

Also, the "current" opening times of the Bus Kiosk which is located outside McDonalds (2 doors down from the Tourist Office) are as follows:

Monday to Thursday: 9am til 1pm and 2pm til 5.30pm

Friday & Saturday: CLOSED!!

Sunday: 5.00am til 11.30pm... (work out the logic on that one if you can LOL).

Obviously these times are subject to change.

This kiosk is where you can obtain the green discount bus cards - very handy if you wish to travel frequently on this public transport.

As an example.. the prices can be discounted as follows:

Average 1 way journey: 1.30e - WITH Discount Card: 80cents!!

Hope this helps some people.

CB

Edited: 08 September 2011, 09:53
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Information Office / Bus Kiosk Information

Hi there

It's worth giving you some tips on the buses especially for the not so able bodied or those with luggage.

The drivers are somewhat "erratic" in that they do pull off before you've got to your seat so hang on lol... also, they have a habit of braking too late so again, if you're standing then be careful.

Other than that, enjoy the ride :)

CB

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Information Office / Bus Kiosk Information

The latest information is that sales have moved to a Tabaco which is situated opposite the Correos (on the same road) and a few yards/meters towards the south.

The Tabacos which also has Bide-Garey estanco in the windows is open Mon-Fri 9:30-13:30 and 16:30-20:30 and Sat 9:30-13:30.

I was there yesterday. The guy speaks good English, was friendly and even told me that I didn't need two cards as I could use one card for two people.

The place can of course be used only for charging.

Edited: 11 November 2011, 12:11
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Information Office / Bus Kiosk Information

Hi there

I am confused, do you mean you can't buy or top up your bus card from the Kiosk anymore and now only from the Tabac Shop across the road?

CB

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Information Office / Bus Kiosk Information

I couldn't find the kiosk so asked in the. Tourist info. They said the place for tickets was across the road. (where I bought it)

Later when on a bus I saw the kiosk which I'd walked past several times ... From the bus I saw it was closed with a sign in the window but it was Saturday. I'll check what it says when I am walking past it someday.

P.s. Only for charging in the previous post meant as well as buying a card and charging it. I.e. They do sell cards.

Edited: 12 November 2011, 16:42
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Information Office / Bus Kiosk Information

Ahhh ok, well it is still there :) and it is closed on Saturdays (why, i have no idea as that would probably be their busiest day)

The sign in the window probably said "back in ten minutes" as the guy often nips to the shop or into McDonalds to get some food haha!!

Other than that, they are still operating as normal, but good to have an additional place to buy / charge your card :)

CB

Yarm
Level Contributor
645 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist Information Office / Bus Kiosk Information

I always used to charge mine at the Estanco in Mijas ( just off Plaza de Constition ) but as we are staying in Benalmadena pueblo charge it in the Estanco in Calle Real now.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist Information Office / Bus Kiosk Information

Viva, its nice to know the cards can be recharged in Mijas & Benal Pueblo, cannot understand why, there are no kiosks to re -charge in Torremolinos or Fuengirola, unless there is, and we have not found them :-) x

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,363 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist Information Office / Bus Kiosk Information

Rosebush: I am going to try and re charge actually on the bus, sure I have seen locals do this. Cant beleive all locals in benal walk down to the kiosk.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
828 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tourist Information Office / Bus Kiosk Information

so i am right then that even though you cant top up in torremolinos or fuengirola you can still use the buses through these towns and get on / off ?

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tourist Information Office / Bus Kiosk Information

Yes, that is correct :)

CB