We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 pints for €10 in 10 different bars?

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
10 pints for €10 in 10 different bars?

The question was asked on a Benidorm forum a while back when a rugby team wanted to try this feat.

But would it be possible in the Benalmadena/Torremolinos area?

Taking into consideration inflation, maybe €1.20/€1.30 might be an easier target. Afternoon prices possibly will give a better advantage.

Can you locals/regulars/expats provide any bars where this may be possible? Maybe 10 might be unrealistic, but who knows? Are there more than 10 even?

TIA

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,410 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 pints for €10 in 10 different bars?

Plenty around at 1.50 in the afternoon. Yes some at a € but few and far between.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 pints for €10 in 10 different bars?

As Mantalk says, you'll find quite a few bars in Benalmádena Costa doing afternoon offers. None really in Torremolinos, except possibly in the Montemar-Bajo area which borders Ben Costa - these days Torremolinos is totally different to the outdated image it still has in the UK (it has changed massively in the last ten years), and certainly nothing like Benidorm!

Rare to find a Happy-Hour pint for under €1.50 even in Ben Costa though, bars along there haven't gone down the destructive cut-throat pricing that those in Benidorm appear to have.

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 pints for €10 in 10 different bars?

Definitely not Benidorm then. I actually thought the rugby team would have struggled, but when last in Benidorm around 18 months ago, they could have completed their feat probably twice and still had a few bars over.

Off shortly to CDS and may have to settle for 10 pints for €12 at Toms Tavern ;-).

Any names to the cheaper afternoon bars, especially the decent ones?

Thanks for your replies.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,410 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 pints for €10 in 10 different bars?

Tell us where you are staying and we can direct you better.

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 pints for €10 in 10 different bars?

Riviera hotel area. Last few nights at the Pez Espada for a little luxury.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,410 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 pints for €10 in 10 different bars?

On the Paseo, around the area where the breakwater is The Wigan Bar had 1.5€ a pint all afternoon, one or two others there, but The Wigan Bar was decent brands too. Some ot the bars along the main road opposite The Riviera had 1.50 pints too. Theres also Fagins (overlooking Riviera but on second floor) they have a sign in the window for Alhamdra draft at 1€. Not tried it, as the bar looks grotty, n if i am having 10 pints (???) I want summat thats worth drinking, and if its worth drinking i dont paying for it.

The betting bars on Av Bonanza and on the front by McDonalds had Fosters for 2€ n Carling for 2.30€.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 pints for €10 in 10 different bars?

A proper dry Martini (i.e. 5 parts gin to 1 part Martini) is only €5 in the Pez!

;-)

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 pints for €10 in 10 different bars?

Cheers guys. I woudn't drink something not worth drinking just for a € either, or in a grotty bar that's not clean.

No wonder Toms Tavern has survived, Dave and Jean keep a great clean place with cheapish prices, in fact some are very cheap. That will be my drinking hole when I stay at the Pez, though I might wander to Brogans if it is still open. Enjoyed it more when the Mackem guy was there though.

I might try the dry Martini if I catch the happy hour ;-).

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 pints for €10 in 10 different bars?

I have seen regularly in Fuengirola whilst walking down the front a pint of San Miguel for 1 Euro - its like they are all in competition with eachother, don't drink lager but a good deal if you do

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 pints for €10 in 10 different bars?

San Miguel for €1 is good, even if it's just 40cl, a pint or 50cl even better.

I generally only drink lager when I'm abroad, Amstel if I can get it cheap enough.

Looking forward to next week. looking and searching. Looks like the weather has picked up as well after a few iffy weeks.