We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuengirola zoo

Central scoland
Level Contributor
979 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Fuengirola zoo

Hi we are staying at arcosur apartments benalmadena. We woud like to visit the zoo in fuengirola during our 2 week holiday. How far is the zoo from our apartment and how far a walk is it as we might walk it if not to far. Or are there buses that go directly there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Geraldine

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,782 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuengirola zoo

hi Ger nice to see your keeping the D.Es on the Benalmadena forum busy you must have atleast another few hundred questions fir them lol!!! Fuengirola zoo great topic that does crack me up when i think of you & zoo

have a great hol :)))

Stevie

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,210 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fuengirola zoo

Fuengirola is around 12km from Benalmadena, so quite a walk. Doable but dont try it in peak season temp`s.

The Principe apartments are close to the sea front where the bus stop is close to the end of Palm tree Av. The bus to Fuengirola is the 110 and runs half hourly costing 1.40 € ish. Get off the bus at the bus station in Fuengirola, cross the road towards the train station, turn left and walk around 800m. The zoo or Bioparc as it is now named is on your right. Blink and you will miss the entrance, as it seems very strange to have a zoo bang in the middle of high rise apartment blocks etc.

You can also walk inland up Palm Tree Av to Arroyo and board the train to Fuengirola. Trains will shortly run every 20mins. just follow the directions above then to the zoo.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fuengirola zoo

Landmarks on the route: Library, Cinemas, Bioparc entrance.

In the summer they have late openings so you can see the nocturnal animals come out to play and usually an entertainment with an African theme. Well worth going to for a 'different' zoo visit.

If it matters I think 12 kms might be a little on the high side.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
127 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fuengirola zoo

Catch the train to Fuengerola and the zoo is just along the road (in the same direction the train was heading). Get there early cos it is only small and gets packed out by the afternoon.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,266 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fuengirola zoo

You could always get the ferry from Benalmadena Marina and then walk up through Fuengirola town to get there. Makes a great day out.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fuengirola zoo

Most visitors (me included) to the Fuengirola zoo are very surprised to find such a great and animal friendly (yet small) zoo.

I still recall my first visits to the zoo when I was a kid, long before its bankruptcy and later re-opening. It was a sad place...

Have fun.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fuengirola zoo

The zoo web page says that they are open every day no exception. So does that mean open on Christmas and new years?

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fuengirola zoo

Hi there

I think they are, however you could email them and ask just to be on the safe side: info@bioparcfuengirola.es

CB

9. Re: Fuengirola zoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2012, 10:17