We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach and nightlife - Benalmadena vs. Torremolinos

U.K
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach and nightlife - Benalmadena vs. Torremolinos

Hi.

I'm thinking of taking a holiday after I finish my exams in late May/early June. I'm 20 and would be coming away with several mates the same age.

We want somewhere with a nice (sandy) beach and a lively nightlife. I've looked at Benalmadena and Torremolinos. From what i've read Benalmadena seems like the better option due to the 24 hour square, but what are the beaches like in each resort? Which would you say is more suitable for us bearing in mind the nightlife and beaches?

I also love Irish bars, are there many to be found in either resort?

Any info would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks,

Hannah

Ireland/spain
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach and nightlife - Benalmadena vs. Torremolinos

Hi hannah,

Given your age benalmadena would have to shade it,although torremolinos is litteraly 5mins up the road by taxi so if your hotel was in torre it wud not be the end of the world.Theres several irish bars in both areas the biggest being molly malones in the 24 hour square, which has become a major night spot but also opens during the day.if u google "molly malones benalmadena" u can view there website.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach and nightlife - Benalmadena vs. Torremolinos

Hey Hannah,

Yup, totally agree with eire guy, both resorts are next to each other so it doesnt really matter where you stay, but most people your age and uk or irish tend to stay in Benalmadena as they spend most of their nightlife time up this way. There is either the 24 hour square or the marina for nightlife, both are good but the latter being a tad more expensive.

24 hour square will suit you fine i think, bars n clubs open til 7am at the weekend and 6am during the week. Little tip though, dont go out til around midnight, nobody usually does so it would be quite quiet before then.

As Eire says, Molly malones is the busiest and biggest bar in the square and you can check out their new website online for gallery etc www.mollymalonesbenalmadena.com

The beaches are nice wherever you stay.

Hope that helps, but if you need to know anything else, then give me a shout.

CB

Dundalk, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach and nightlife - Benalmadena vs. Torremolinos

HI like badger says mollys is good but check out linekers in the 24hr sq it was great in there all last week.oh badger arent you the dj in mollys?

4. Re: Beach and nightlife - Benalmadena vs. Torremolinos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 14:31
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena