We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bagels?

Cape Canaveral...
Level Contributor
79 posts
27 reviews
Bagels?

Bagels are a standard breakfast fare in the US. Are bagels available in supermarkets like Supercor or Mercadona in Benalmadena or are they not a Spanish or European food item and therefore not carried?

5 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Bagels?

Can’t say I’ve seen them in the supermarkets. If they do sell them they will be premade and sold in packs. Not fresh. You May find them fresh in cake/bread shops. You won’t find grits in Benalmadena either.

Seville, Spain
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Bagels?

Bagels are in fact European in origin. I've seen them in plenty of bars in Seville, but unsure about the rest of Andalucia.

Cape Canaveral...
Level Contributor
79 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Bagels?

Grits—ha ha! Like them but would never expect to find them in Spain. Some southerners don’t even like them even though a southern dish, even for lunch or dinner as shrimp ‘n grits.

I also tried to find V8 vegetable juice a number of times—even had a service do research on finding it to no avail. I actually bring my own cans of spicy V8 with me on my trips to CDS.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Bagels?

If you are in Malaga you might visit Taste Of America.

https://www.tasteofamerica.es/29_v8

They show bagels straight from New Jersey under their brand. They also list four different kinds of V8.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
230 reviews
5. Re: Bagels?

Granier and La Cañasta bakeries sell them and I think so too Migas bakery as well.

You'll often find bagels with cream cheese and bacon on menus in many bars and restaurants.

Reply to: Bagels?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted