We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Selection Help Please

Cumbria, United...
6 posts
Hotel Selection Help Please

Hi All

Planning our first visit to Benalmadena next year and hoping someone with experience of the location can whittle the hotel selection down a bit, done some browsing and no closer to a decision.

We are not spring chickens but also not ready to pop our clogs.

We don't use the beach but like to see it and walk along a prom.

Probably prefer a hotel not full of youngsters

Usually go Jet 2 package on half or full board.

Enjoy browsing the shops and people watching over a cold one.

So somewhere close to where it all happens or within strolling distance.

We plan to explore the local area, use the bus to go further afield and have a relaxing week that also is not too quiet.

Thanks for any advice forthcoming.

19 replies to this topic
Scotland
Level Contributor
561 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Selection Help Please

jet 2 give a good selection of hotels. To avoid lots of children I would not visit during school holidays. I have stayed in both Palmasol and San Fermin with Jet2. Have visited Benalmadena often over the last 27 years and stay long stay also in self catering apartments.

Palmasol is behind the marina which is central and easy access to promenades both sides of the marine. The pool area is lovely - the food was fine on our stay and some of the rooms have been upgraded. San Fermin Hotel is smaller and I found it very friendly - drawback was paying for sunbeds but that avoided the bed rush in the morning. Lots of tables and chairs by the pool to sit if you didn't want to lie on a bed. Rooms were comfortable and the food was good - we do like to try different things. It is situated on a hill but gives you access to one of the popular areas - Bonanza Square - down the hill takes you down to the main road and the promenade. The resort itself is very big - has lots of different areas with their own special vibe. Buses are frequent to take you to different areas very cheaply and safe you a hike up the hill.

Cumbria, United...
6 posts
2. Re: Hotel Selection Help Please

Thank you...the very sort of info I was after, planning to go early June unless Brexit bans the plane landing.... parachutes are cheap though :-)

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,981 posts
135 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Selection Help Please

Hotel Las Arenas is a good hotel, just across the road from the beach. Riviera is adult only and the Sirocco seems to get decent reviews too.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Selection Help Please

Just back from the sirocco hotel , I can thoroughly recommend it, & close to everything that you want.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Selection Help Please

I know it’s classed as Torremolinos, Hotel Pez Espada, sounds like it might tick all the boxes, it’s the Benalmadena end of La Carihuela with garden access right onto the Paseo. Lots of places to have a cold one and people watch. Lovely big swimming pool and nice gardens to relax in. It can be booked direct it also features under the Tui brand.

Cumbria, United...
6 posts
6. Re: Hotel Selection Help Please

Thanks to all for the info...can't beat real life advice.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Hotel Selection Help Please

Hi

We just got back was fabulous. We stay at the best triton hotel . But have also stayed at Rivera hotel just next door adults only

Very luxurious sun lounges and chairs but obviously you pay for it . But both are right on promenade fantastic location.

Cumbria, United...
6 posts
8. Re: Hotel Selection Help Please

Thanks MrsJ the Rivera seems to be about what we are looking for, Hotel Pez Espada also seems good and not too far out of the main area.

Reading
Level Contributor
170 posts
69 reviews
9. Re: Hotel Selection Help Please

Triton or Sirocco same chain one right on prom one just across the road. Nice bars near them and just 15 mins up to the two squares where more bars and restaurants are.

North West England...
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Hotel Selection Help Please

I don't think Jet2 do holiday packages to the Sensimar Riviera or Medplaya Pez Espada .

Reply to: Hotel Selection Help Please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted