We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire from Malaga

Dublin
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Car Hire from Malaga

I am looking for a reliable car hire firm from Malaga, we are spending 6 days in Benalmadena and 8 nights in Nerja. We are travelling with a toddler. I was thinking of getting a private transfer from Malaga to Benalmadena and then renting a car from Benalmadena to travel to Nerja. It might make more sense to rent the car from Malaga airport and return to the airport. any help appreciated? We are staying in Mac Puerto and car parking is available too.

Edited: 18 September 2018, 11:54
6 replies to this topic
Greater London...
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
13,598 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: Car Hire from Malaga

Best on the coast is Helle Hollis, not the cheapest but best for cars and customer service and transparent terms and conditions. Search the forums for a discount code (we're not allowed to share them any more :( ). Malagacar.com also get good reviews but I've been using HH for several years and highly recommend them.

England
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: Car Hire from Malaga

Horror stories about all the other companies other than those mentioned by CJ

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
844 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: Car Hire from Malaga

Helle Hollis have a free transfer service to / from their office near the airport and as free parking is available at your hotel, it is probably better to get the car at the airport and drop off when you are going home.

The parks in the area have free parking and are certainly worth a visit.

Paloma Park and the Park by Montemar Alto are enjoyed by young children and adults alike.

Imo you don’t need a car in Benalmadena but it helps.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
230 reviews
4. Re: Car Hire from Malaga

You can try these car hire companies in Benalmádena, White Car Hire Company on Flamingo Square, Torremar Car Hire and OSA cars.

I agree Helle Hollis is the best at Malaga Airport for excellent service.

Also, have a look at the broker Do You Spain, it will bring up a choice of Car hire companies at Malaga airport.

I recommend you have your own car excess insurance which you can buy either for your trip or annually if you are going to be hiring more in the year.

Dublin
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Car Hire from Malaga

thank you for all your recommendations

manchester
Level Contributor
270 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Car Hire from Malaga

Sorry but I do not agree with the comments in #2. I have hired cars from Centauro at Malaga airport on four occasions in the last 18 months and I have no problems with them whatsoever. I do not take out their ‘excess’ insurance as it is ridiculously expensive but I do take out my own. I am a winter hirer and have paid no more than £50 a week for a good quality 5 door Compact car.

I have not had any problems with additional charges after returning the cars and I have had similar experiences with them at Alicante and Barcelona.

Reply to: Car Hire from Malaga
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted