We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport bus

Bristol
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Airport bus

Does the airport - Piraeus bus stop at Voula tram terminus or nearby? My hotel is closest to Kolymbitirio tram stop and it seems silly to stay on the bus all the way to Glyfada square (where I caught the bus to the airport last year) then get the tram all the way back again!

If so, presumably the Piraeus-Airport bus would also stop if flagged down??

Thanks in advance.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport bus

Elenitsa, it stops directly opposite the tram terminus at Voula Hospital (Asklipeion). You go to the traffic lights and cross over and catch the tram.

Which hotel are you staying at? I know it makes another stop at Voula Beach and Asteria which is near the Kolimvitirio.

alpha-omegaonline.com/athens_airport/athens_…

Hope this helps,

John (from Voula) :)

Bristol
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport bus

Hi John, thanks for that - we're staying at the Blue Sky so it's only a short walk from the Kolymbitirio stop.

All I need to do now is make sure that I press the bell on the buss in good yime!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport bus

Elenitsa...tell him Nosokomeio Voula when you see the sea on your left hand-side.

It might be worth your while just catching a taxi from outside the hospital at the taxi rank straight to Blue Sky Hotel rather than pay for 2 tickets on the tram for a short journey. It'll work out the almost the same and the taxi will take you and your luggage to the hotel.

Have a great time and anything you need to know about the area, give me a shout.

John :)

Bristol
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport bus

Thanks for your advice!! All worked swimmingly - although rather than asking the driver for the Nosomikeio, I printed off the aerial view from Google maps and tracked us to the stop (the tram terminus is shown pretty well on this). As we'd bought the tourist 3 day ticket we did hop on the tram for one stop and we were in the hotel 2.5 hours after taking off from Samos (which I thought was pretty good going!).

Thanks again!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport bus

Glad it worked out well, Elenitsa!!

You chose a great hotel, too!!

See you next year! :)

6. Re: Airport bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Voula
Recent Conversations