We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Cabin" located in Golfview Resort

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Topic
"Cabin" located in Golfview Resort

I have read the reviews on TA for Golfview Resort 'duke mixture'! I have found a "cabin" on vrbo # 148198, very few pictures with a couple reviews which are good. I have emailed the owner to get some info on this cabin. Has anyone stayed in this cabin before?

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: "Cabin" located in Golfview Resort

Cute place,Great price.It has about 20 reviews on VRBO looks like its a good deal.I say go for it!!!!!

The owner also has 2 other listings.I dont know why they only have a few pictures,they can put more on there.But the place looks good to me.Let us know what you choose.

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: "Cabin" located in Golfview Resort

Ugh, that's what I can't decide on. Looks can be deceiving and pictures do sell, but I have had vacations (2) ruined from rentals (1) individual (1) company.............money doesn't grow on trees and I hate to literally throw it away - I haven't ever been able to find a rental that refunds for anything! I have had luck and much happiness with 3 previous cabins and I generally rent them year after year(because I know what I'm getting), but need something a little different this go round as we will be traveling with a 4 month old.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Cabin" located in Golfview Resort

It has been pointed out to me in the past that there are two resorts with similar names. One of those has cabins and condos. In that resort, I think the cabins are duplexes so you may want to check that before committing to the rental.

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: "Cabin" located in Golfview Resort

Yeah, I just went through the reviews on vrbo again and people are stating that they enjoyed there stay at "Havens Rest"............clue # 1 Haven's Rest is another "cabin" that this renter has as their other listing(s), this particular rental does not post a name just a number, wonder if the post is on the wrong cabin??? I want my own cabin - resort setting (close together) is fine, but we are steering away from ajoining/attached walls(condo/apartment/duplex)......crying baby in the middle of the night doesn't make a good neighbor!

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: "Cabin" located in Golfview Resort

This VRBO 148198 says its a efficiency apartment.So if your steering away from ajoining/attached walls(condo/apartment/duplex) then this one may not be the one you want.I didnt know if you saw that in the details.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: "Cabin" located in Golfview Resort

If you are talking about Golfview Resort off of Dollywood Lane and right by the Gatlinburg Golf Course (in Pigeon Forge) I think the majority, if not all, of the "cabins" there are duplexes which would have a common wall between each side. Also, it may not matter to you but they describe it as having a "kitchenette" and in the picture there is no stove showing so if you pursue renting be sure to ask whether or not it has a stove if you plan to cook any meals. On the plus side, you are probably less than a mile from light #8 on the Pigeon Forge parkway so it is in a really convenient location.

Georgia
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: "Cabin" located in Golfview Resort

The photos show the finished basement of a cabin. You actually wouldn't have access to the main or upper levels. The price is great, and the resort is very nice. It would be hard to find a better price for accomodations.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: "Cabin" located in Golfview Resort

I agree with travelerwannabe08 the pictures doesnt show a stove and it is describled as a efficiency which means it is more than likey tiny and somewhere around 400sf give or take a few sf. Another thing that seems kinda strange is that on VRBO there are 20 reviews and all of them are 5 Stars,that may not mean much but kinda makes you wonder or at least it makes me wonder because not too many cabins get perfect scores.

Like GeorgiaTrueBlue said it might be a basement of a cabin.I would make sure you ask alot of questions about this rental.I know you work very hard on your farm and you should enjoy your time off with your family without any hassles.Good luck in your search :)

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: "Cabin" located in Golfview Resort

Thanks ya'll. It is basically a basement, just not totally underground (as basements are here at home). Around 400sq ft......geez talk about room - walk in and back out, no turning around! Not for us at this time. I have also posted on "Anything on these?" I am looking for one bedroom or even a studio, just a little room for pack and play, close to the parkway (within 2-3 miles), and fairly cheap (not a dumpster) because if the baby gets aggitated or uncomfortable, we will pull out and have to lose the money.

Georgia
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: "Cabin" located in Golfview Resort

Reading your despription of what you are looking for, you basically described the unit at Golfview Resort. Plus, it's appr. 1/2 mile to the parkway. Did the owner say it's appr. 400 sq. ft.? I would have guessed a little larger.

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge