We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Really Cheap Hotel/Motel

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
829 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Really Cheap Hotel/Motel

We have been to PF and GB many times, but usually stay in a cabin. Due to being laid off from work I am trying to plan a very cheap vacation for the family. I am looking for very cheap, but clean hotel/motels. We may not be able to make the trip, but I am hoping we can find something cheap enough for just a few days there. I really hate to give up my trip to the mountains.

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Really Cheap Hotel/Motel

it doesn't get any cheaper than to camp. get a tent, coolers and a good supply of firewood. there are a lot of camping spots through-out the area

chrisandroseanna
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Really Cheap Hotel/Motel

Conner Hill Motor Lodge. One of the best kept secrets of the smokies. Cheap, clean and friendly staff.

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
862 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Really Cheap Hotel/Motel

James manor is cheap and offers a pretty good breakfast also. We have stayed there in the past and it was clean and comfortable.

Xenia, Ohio
Level Contributor
419 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Really Cheap Hotel/Motel

Stayed at the Super 8 on Pickel St., It's about $50 or so a night and has an indoor pool.

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Really Cheap Hotel/Motel

These may help:

http://www.roomsaver.com/

and

http://www.travelcoupons.com/

What time of year are you going? It helps to go during an "off" month when it comes to finding cheap rooms. My husband and I always go in Feb. and stay at the Riverside Motor Lodge in Gatlinburg. I've been staying there since I was a kid going to Gatlinburg with my parents. Anyways, we always pick up one of the hotel coupon books at local gas stations or use the one on the sites I listed above, and stay at the Riverside for $30/night. Not a fancy hotel. It's actually one of the oldest in Gatlinburg. But I love it. It's like going home for me.

Xenia, Ohio
Level Contributor
419 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Really Cheap Hotel/Motel

double post

Edited: 15 February 2010, 02:26
Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Really Cheap Hotel/Motel

I can't believe I am suggesting this but maybe you could look at a timeshare. Just one of you could attend the presentation. You have an excuse for not buying, you are unemployed and cannot afford it. Maybe you could get a vacation for free or very cheap.

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
829 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Really Cheap Hotel/Motel

We were hoping to go in June, but with that being a very busy time, we might have to look at something different. I hadn't thought about the timeshare but that might work if I can get my husband to do it. Thanks for all the answers. I am looking at these and trying to find a good time to go.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Really Cheap Hotel/Motel

try the econo lodge riverside, it's the cheapest and nicest i have stayed.

Ohio
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Really Cheap Hotel/Motel

What dates in June? The dates could make a big difference. I don't mind checking some dates for you as we are always on a budget ourselves.