We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review of the Thistle Britches cabin VRBO 131874

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sussex, WI
Level Contributor
104 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Review of the Thistle Britches cabin VRBO 131874

I wanted to submit a separate review for our cabin then our trip report to make it easier for people who are interested in this cabin. We stayed at Thistle Britches from 4/11 – 4/16 and found it just wonderful. This cabin is not through a resort or property management company. The owner Jamie was prompt with all e-mails and answered and phone calls we had leading up to the stay and during the stay. He was great and very friendly and we found working with him very easy.

Thistle Britches is located just across from the Dollywood Parking lot so it is very convenient to Dollywood and all activities in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. It is on its own land and the views were just spectacular. One thing that we liked is that it did have a yard and that we had views, but were not hanging off of a cliff. That was really nice since we brought our dog, but it would be nice for small children also, just a little piece of mind. The cabin was immaculate and so was the hot tub. The furnishings were very nice and the whole cabin was cozy and well decorated. It has a firepit with wood, but due to the weather we never used it, but we had hoped to originally. Basically it looked just like the pictures which is something you always hope for. The kitchen was very well stocked and had everything we needed for cooking. We did have older kids and loved having so much space. We would stay there again in a second.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,754 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review of the Thistle Britches cabin VRBO 131874

It would be nice it TA had a separate review section for cabins so that people could more easily find cabin reviews for the one they are interested in. Guess the owners would need to chip in some cash to get that done?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review of the Thistle Britches cabin VRBO 131874

Actually, they recently added that feature. You can read and post cabin reviews under "vacation rentals".

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,754 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review of the Thistle Britches cabin VRBO 131874

Sounds great. That is the best place for reviews, they are easier to find when you can search for that specifically. The ones in the forums get buried too soon.

Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review of the Thistle Britches cabin VRBO 131874

At this time, TA is only offering management companies the chance to list properties in the Vacation Rentals category listed on the tab at the left.

There have been some surveys sent out to RBOers (rent by owners), but there will probably be a monthly charge to have the rental listed.

The above review wouldn't be 'allowed' at this time from what I understand.

Lisa

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review of the Thistle Britches cabin VRBO 131874

skachel..Thanks for your review of the cabin! always wonderful to hear about the VRBO cabins!

Michigan
Level Contributor
43 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review of the Thistle Britches cabin VRBO 131874

I think that was a great idea. I first found the cabin I rented on VRBO's. I came to TA and searched for the cabin by name...But nothing. I couldn't find any reviews for it online, so I posted a question, and asked if anyone stayed there! Yep, I got a private E-mail the next day, from someone that stayed there the month before. It helped make my decision. I did end up finding the cabin I rented, on Aardvark rental site, but I think I already had booked it through the owner.

By you doing this, the next person that comes to TA and puts a search in for that cabin, will at least find your review. Great Idea!

7. Re: Review of the Thistle Britches cabin VRBO 131874

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 07:24
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge