We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Splash Country Water

florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Splash Country Water

Hi Everyone- We will be vacationing in Sevierville for 11 nigths from June 20th until July 3rd. We are from Florida . We are use to warm pool water.Well, we are planning a trip to Splash Country but I am really worried that the water will be too cold. I called and they said the water is not heated. Yikes-- I just don't want to spend all that money and then not be able to get in the water. We have a 5 yr. old and a 9 yr. old. Please if someone could guide us with this it would be great!!! Thanks so much.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Splash Country Water

Welcome to TA. My family and I have been to Splash Country several times a year for the last several years. The water has always been plenty warm. I wouldn't be concerned about that.

I hope you have a great trip!

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Splash Country Water

I too hate cold water but when we went to splash country it was pretty warm from what i remember because I did spend quite a bit of time in both the wave pool & the lazy river. The kids area however was a bit cooler but then it was early in the morning when we went which was probably why.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Splash Country Water

It has been a couple years since we went, the water was fine, it is the water coming off of the "mountains" on the lazy river that will give you goose bumps!

florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Splash Country Water

Thank you all for your input. I think we are going to go for it. The kids will wear their swim shirts so this will keep them a little warmer.

SmokyMountainGirl
Level Contributor
126 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Splash Country Water

I really believe you will be fine since you are coming that late in June. It does get HOT here! Have fun!

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Splash Country Water

I've never heard of water being too cold to swim in when it's summertime in the south. And especially around the dates you posted....end of June/beginning of July. Granted, it may be a *little* bit cooler there because it's in the mountains, but surely not enough to make it too cold to swim. I couldn't imagine going swimming in a heated pool in the summer. Water parks are for cooling off anyway :)

Rossville, Ga
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Splash Country Water

I live 2 hours from Gatlinburg. My pool is not heated and we opened it 2 weeks ago. Our pool in the last week has really warmed up- very comfortable... You will not have any problems with the water being too cool in June for sure... Have fun!

8. Re: Splash Country Water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge
Recent Conversations