We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas to celebrate birthday

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
91 posts
52 reviews
Ideas to celebrate birthday

We are coming up for our daughters birthday she will be 6, so just wanted some ideas of fun things to do on her birthday. Thanks in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Ideas to celebrate birthday

When will you be in town? I would recommend snow tubing at Ober but it doesn't start until mid Nov. Since we don't see snow to much here in the south it's always a treat even if it's man made. There is also an indoor snow tubing in Pigeon Forge but I have not been there yet so I can't really comment on it.

My kids love The Track, it has go-carts, arcades, kiddie rides etc. Check out their website. https://www.funatthetrack.com/ (They have online deals)

She might like a show, The comedy barn show is great for kids. It has an animal part and the kids can go on stage to see them. There are also opportunities for the kids to be in the show. They also announce birthdays and anniversaries prior to the show if you tell them ahead of time and the camera shines on them.

The Island in Pigeon Forge has an outdoor rope course and games as well as one of those huge ferris wheels. https://islandinpigeonforge.com/play/

I don't think she will have a hard time picking out things to do here. It's a huge playland for kids and adults :)

Big Daddy's pizza gives kids some dough to play with and make something while your waiting on the pizza and then they put cinnamon/sugar on it and bake it for dessert. My kids love doing that.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
91 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Ideas to celebrate birthday

We will be there in February

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Ideas to celebrate birthday

The snow tubing will be still going on in Feb. and there will be skiing too at Ober. We don't ski but we enjoy watching them. We get a cup of hot chocolate and sit and watch. There may be natural snow by then too. Feb. is a quieter time in this area except the weekend of Valentine's Day/President's Day. We have visited many times in Feb. and most of the Christmas lights are still up too.

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Ideas to celebrate birthday

Yes, the Christmas lights in Gatlinburg are up through the end of November, so she would likely enjoy a drive in the evening through town to see all the lights.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,329 posts
322 reviews
5. Re: Ideas to celebrate birthday

I found this info. online.

This season’s Pigeon Forge Christmas lights are supposed to be November 7th 2018 - February 28th 2019.

NOTE - Dollywood lights this winter are from Nov. 7th 2018 - January 3rd 2019.

Reply to: Ideas to celebrate birthday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge