We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dolly parton homeplace

ky.boy
Level Contributor
614 posts
dolly parton homeplace

the family and i just watched christmas of many colors and thought it would be neat to see the old homeplace, has any visited dollys old homeplace on locust ridge road lately?

33 replies to this topic
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,783 posts
357 reviews
195 helpful votes
1. Re: dolly parton homeplace

We drove by there many years ago. It's on a gravel road deep in the country. I heard the people that live there aren't very friendly and don't like people stopping and taking pictures. Make sure you have good directions to get there and please respect the people's privacy if they are still even living there.

I would recommend looking at her statue in Sevierville if you hadn't already done that.

Edited: 12 December 2016, 02:50
Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
15,079 posts
3,458 reviews
4,943 helpful votes
2. Re: dolly parton homeplace

Goldie,

We found the same to be true.

We do like the Dolly statue.

ky.boy
Level Contributor
614 posts
3. Re: dolly parton homeplace

gold i think the homeplace thats occupied is actually there second place, i was told the original cabin homeplace is actually unoccupied and has been for years and years.

junktrck

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: dolly parton homeplace

As did we. My family and I are quite adventurous and sought out today to find her first home based on her uncle's description on the internet. Sure enough, after 1.5 hours of adventure, we found where it is located with one exception: the gravel road is fenced off that leads to her family's home, presumably, by the Parton family. However, we did see the tin roof and for as close as humanly possible. We spoke to a local who confirmed that's exactly the spot. Can send you a pic if you want.

Byron, Georgia
Level Contributor
155 posts
15 reviews
9 helpful votes
5. Re: dolly parton homeplace

I'd love to see a pic! Can you post it?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: dolly parton homeplace

I'll post on my profile and you can see what would "got to see" from the fence. Can't upload pics here for some reason unless I'm missing something.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
174 posts
25 reviews
12 helpful votes
7. Re: dolly parton homeplace

Id like to see the photo....where on your profile is it?

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
155 reviews
60 helpful votes
8. Re: dolly parton homeplace

Can you tell me where you found the directions? I'd love to go. I recently went to loretta Lynn's old home place. It was amazing.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: dolly parton homeplace

Look in my profile where it says "Dolly Parton Statue." You'll see the fence blocking where her old cabin is

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
10. Re: dolly parton homeplace

The irony, is that these directions were mentioned in an interview by her uncle (same one in Coat of Many Colors I believe) and are absolutely accurate. The second bit of irony is that it is from 1986. Almost treasure hunt ish :).

…chicagotribune.com/1986-09-07/travel/860306…

Edited: 12 April 2017, 23:59
Reply to: dolly parton homeplace
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge