We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville/Gatlinburg Itinerary Advice

Which Nashville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
Save Topic
Nashville/Gatlinburg Itinerary Advice

My husband and I will be taking a road trip to Nashville next week from New Hampshire. We plan on staying in Nashville for 3 days and staying in Gatlinburg for 2 days on our trip home. I am including our itinerary. I'd love any thoughts. Does the timing seem appropriate? Any must sees that I missed? W included suggestions from friends and a few things that are must sees or us.

Sunday- arrive in Nashville about 2pm/ staying at Hampton Inn Downtown

Explore downtown

Nashville ghost tours

Monday- country Music Hall of Fame/RCA Studios Tour

Parthenon?

Station Inn to watch the live music

Tuesday- Tommy's Tours @ 9:00 am

Concert tickets at the Grand Ole Opry for 7/tour after show

Wednesday-travel to Gatlinburg

Check-in Buckberry Creek Lodge

Dixie Stampede show at 6

Thursday- explore SMNP and maybe downtown Gatlinburg

Friday-leave for home early am :-(

Thanks for our input!

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville/Gatlinburg Itinerary Advice

I think it sounds great! I'm glad you chose to do Nashville first because you may not have wanted to leave the mountains if you had visited there first.

Scotland
Level Contributor
134 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville/Gatlinburg Itinerary Advice

Monday night Station Inn? Good choice - make sure you get there early!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashville/Gatlinburg Itinerary Advice

This is a good itenerary. For Gatlinburg, I suggest touring downtown on foot. It is really touristy and fun to walk the strip. PLEASE eat at the Best Italian restaurant. Yes, that is the name. Ask around and people will know where it is. it is great.

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nashville/Gatlinburg Itinerary Advice

Thanks for the feedback. I am getting so excited for our trip! A couple of questions:

The Station Inn opens at 7. Do we need to be there much earlier than that?

Can you recommend a great place to eat near The Station Inn? No need for fine dining but not pub food either. We are pretty open with our tastes and love to try new things as well as classic choices.

Thanks for the tips about Gatlinburg. Love Italian and can't wait to try The Best Italian Restaurant! :-)

5. Re: Nashville/Gatlinburg Itinerary Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 22:17