We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it really going to rain all weekend?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
362 posts
15 reviews
Is it really going to rain all weekend?

I know we are not weather predictors here on TripAdvisor but the forecast doesn’t look good for Memorial Day weekend. Does this mean it’s going to be a straight downpour or scattered showers? I know sometimes I’ve had that forecast when traveling to the tropics and it means a storm everyday in the afternoon but nice weather other than that.

And if it IS raining, what to pack? I had cute dresses and shorts with sandles and was planning on walking a lot but now I’m not sure. Please help!

4 replies to this topic
Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Is it really going to rain all weekend?

If I had to guess, I'd say scattered showers. We've had rain in the forecast almost every day for the last week, and while we've had a few popup thunderstorms, they typically don't last long. Let's hope it's the same for this weekend!

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Is it really going to rain all weekend?

P.S. These are my favorite Nashville weather gurus.

https://twitter.com/NashSevereWx…

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,873 posts
97 reviews
3. Re: Is it really going to rain all weekend?

The local forecasters are all saying scattered showers for Friday and Saturday. Sunday and Monday are still too far out to have much confidence.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
274 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Is it really going to rain all weekend?

I have been keeping an unscientific tally of weather information accuracy this Spring. In order, these are the most accurate to least accurate sources for our house in West Meade. I say that, because we had one day where the cloud settled over our roof, and another day where it rained within a half-mile of us but not at our house.

I have been rating on precipitation predictions and high temperature forecasts, with the caveat that the National Weather Service is at an incredible disadvantage having to rely on official data that isn't even in Nashville and is almost always cooler than the real temperature in Nashville.

1. Weather Underground--this does not include the present conditions, which obviously are much more accurate when the weather station is at a house on your home block.

2. Weatherbug--this also does not include the present conditions, which are almost as accurate as WU, since there are stations at Harding Academy and Belle Meade, CC, which are withing walking distance of our home.

3. The local TV stations--Channel 2 and Channel 17 have been a tad more accurate than Channel 4 & 5. Overall, Ms. Breazy should get the award for best of Nashville TV, not because of her beauty, but because their temperature forecasts have been closer to the actual high than the others. We are talking about 1 or 2 degrees most nights.

4. The Weather Channel

5. Darksky.net

6. Accuweather, which tends to be anything but accurate

The consensus for the Weekend for the numbers 1-5 above, which are all within a hair of each other is:

Friday: Low 67 High 87 and a chance for Thunderstorms, most possible in the late afternoon and early evening.

Saturday: Low 68 High 85 with a smaller chance for storms than on Friday and again most possible around 4-6 PM. It will be mostly cloudy for most of the day.

Sunday: Low 69 High 85 with about the same chance for storms as on Saturday. It will be mostly cloudy for most of the day.

Monday: Low 69 High 86 with a slight chance of afternoon pop up showers and cloudy for most of the day.

Tuesday: Low 69 High 83 and mostly cloudy with little chance for rain

In other words, it will be like a broken record the entire weekend and after.

If you are from an area that does not experience humid conditions, be prepared for a bit of a rough adjustment to 80's and muggy. 85 degrees with 75% humidity feels like 95 degrees with low humidity.

Reply to: Is it really going to rain all weekend?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted