We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville day trips

Townsville...
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Nashville day trips

Hi, we are an Aussie couple travelling to Nashville For the first on a business conference. We are being bussed around between Nashville, Memphis and San Antonio. I love to get out of town and see the countryside. Husband won't want us driving so is there any tour bus day trips to Smokies or Appalchian Trail area or other idea?

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Nashville day trips

You're not really close enough to the Smokies or the Trail for a day trip. I cannot think of any tours that do either in one day.

You may want to ask your significant other to reconsider renting a car as the "countryside" is pretty much in every direction from Nashville once you get about 30 miles from downtown.

The Natchez Trace, which begins about 15 miles southwest of downtown, is, IMO, one of the greatest roads to drive in all of America. It is operated by our National Parks Service, meaning the 400+ mile stretch of road has been maintained very well and there is almost no human build up to be seen anywhere. It is full of wonderful natural and historic sites. The speed limit is often very low - I don't recall it ever going above 50 and it is usually around 35-40 miles per hour - so even someone unfamiliar with American driving will feel comfortable on it.

Perhaps you can look up the Trace and convince the husband it is a worthwhile endeavor!

Townsville...
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Nashville day trips

I appreciate your reply. I have heard of the Trace so it will be the best option. I’ll look into it more. We have driven in California before and it was very comfortable driving. Hiring a convertible and driving in May weather would be fun. I’ll wait for full conference program and then have more questions.

Thank you.

Reply to: Nashville day trips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted