We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE in Nashville - Are the bar even accessible?

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Topic
NYE in Nashville - Are the bar even accessible?

Hello - can someone give me some insight in to what the bar/honkey tonks are like on NYE? Meaning, are they mostly still first come first served, or same as usual but higher cover charge, or special shows and advanced tickets only...that sort of thing? We're trying to decide between planned ticketed reserved events like Keith Urban or Buffet vs just winging it on Broadway. Appreciate any info.

2 replies to this topic
Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYE in Nashville - Are the bar even accessible?

There's normally no cover charge at the honky tonks, and most are that way even on NYE. First come, first served. Some close up to the wandering public and are only available to those with pre-ordered admission. I'm pretty sure Tootsie's does this. Others have multiple areas so some sections will be FCFS, and others are pre-ordered ticketed admission. I think Acme does this.

The big concert at Bicentennial Mall with Keith Urban is free. No tickets needed. They do offer a "Gold Circle" ticket. It's kind of a VIP pass that gets you into a reserved area closer to the stage and into the Farmers Market building next door for real flush toilets after it closes to the general public at 6pm, plus some other stuff. You can find more info here: visitmusiccity.com/newyearseve/nyepackages

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYE in Nashville - Are the bar even accessible?

ETA: If you want to spend time at the honky tonks, then I do strongly suggest getting one that takes reservations and getting your tickets as soon as you can. It's not going to be like Times Square in NYC, but it does get very busy.

Unfortunately, I don't recall anyone from this year's event posting a Trip Report. This was the first year the city did the big concert and Music Note Drop at Bicentennial Mall state Park instead of on Broadway. It was generally seen as a success so they're doing it that way again this year. There were shuttle buses running back and forth between the two areas and I would expect the same again for this upcoming one.

Reply to: NYE in Nashville - Are the bar even accessible?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nashville