We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do

Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do

I am going to visit Nashville for a quick weekend. Looking for things we must do and see. Also any restaurants that are a must would be appreciated. My husband loves live music so a bar where he can listen to music drink a beer would be great.

Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do

You'll have no problem finding live music. The honky tonks along Broadway between 2nd and 5th Ave open between 10 and 11am and have live bands from then until the wee hours of the morning. Free admission so just wander in and out until you find one you like.

We'll need to know your tastes and budget for any restaurant suggestions. The same goes for interests before we can suggest and "Must Do" activities. If you're interested in what most people do, here's TripAdvisor's Top 10 for Nashville: https:/…ATTRACTION_SORT_WRAPPER

Edited: 07 November 2017, 23:30
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do

My nephew is in college in Nashville so I want to take him out for a good hearty meal. He is a meat eater along with my husband as I am more fish (oysters crab cake) etc. I will splurge on a meal for him. Other places can we moderate to high. We land Thursday and leave Sunday.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do

Kayne Prime in The Gulch is the creme de la creme for steakhouses in Nashville but they do have a couple options that are pescatatrian friendly!

The Southern downtown is very good and literally has both steak and oyster in their name, so you can't go wrong there! But really, I've always loved their food and it is a great atmosphere in there.

J M
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do

Honky Tonks along Broadway for music and a beer

visitmusiccity.com/visitors/honkytonkhighway

Try Nashville Hot Chicken and a Southern Meat N Three.

visitmusiccity.com/visitors/food/hotchicken

http://www.arnoldscountrykitchen.com/

Our favorite for lunch is the Capitol Grille at the Hermitage Hotel

https://www.capitolgrillenashville.com/

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do

For meat eaters, I always recommend Texas de Brazil near Vanderbilt across from Centennial Park or Rodizio on 2nd Ave. Both are Brazilian Steakhouses that have wandering Gouchos serving meat from their cooking pits. Not a lot of seafood options, but I do know TdB has smoked salmon and peel and eat shrimp on the salad bar and a lobster bisque for soup. TdB runs about $45 pp plus beverage, tax & tip while Rodizio runs about $35 pp. The salad area only runs about $20 pp at both places.

If you sign up at either's website, I believe you'll get a discount offer for your first visit.

Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do

Thank you

Reply to: Things to do
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted