We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying deposit for a rental next year

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
393 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Paying deposit for a rental next year

What is the usual policy for most hotels/bungalows for securing a reservation for next year. We have found a place we want to stay and they are requesting money be deposited into a Mexican Bank via a bank transfer. To me this seems a logical way to secure the reservation but on TA vacation rentals they have a warning about not sending money through a wire transfer. So what to do?

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,705 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paying deposit for a rental next year

Your risk. A credit card provides some security. Wire transfer provides none.

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paying deposit for a rental next year

Just curious. Do you want to stay there bad enough that you'd risk wiring money a year in advance? I wouldn't be willing to do that, a lot can change in a year. Can you get your money back if things change?

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
393 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paying deposit for a rental next year

Good question..this is actually the new complex still under construction in Los Ayala that we viewed this year and really liked. So we do want to stay there but now getting nervous about sending money (actually more so not to have a place to stay once we get there) But the question still is..what do most of the area hotels request? Thanks!

Level Contributor
227 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paying deposit for a rental next year

We pay 50% upon booking and the balance 90 days before arrival. We are booked in Los Ayala for next year. Pretty standard and no reason to be any more suspect here than in your home country. It's are fourth year to book.

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paying deposit for a rental next year

I cant answer your question, sorry. We book online thru either the hotel's site directly or one of the zillion online travel sites. I couldn't bring myself to book anything a year in advance thru the method you describe.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
393 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paying deposit for a rental next year

We spent 6 wks in the area this winter and want to go back. It is incredibly hard to find good (any) accommodatìon - all places we checked have long lists of people waiting ànd lots were not places we really wanted to stay. This new complex is really nice and very reasonably priced and in Los Ayala which we like and where there are fewer options..I normally wouldn'the book this early either.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paying deposit for a rental next year

Is this the new one being built at the foot of the palm lined street about a block from the beach?

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
393 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paying deposit for a rental next year

On the left near bottom of path going to Guayabitos.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paying deposit for a rental next year

What is the name of the place in Los Ayala? We are looking as well!

Thank you!

Stonewoman

10. Re: Paying deposit for a rental next year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2018, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de Guayabitos