We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lampeter where to go and what to see

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Lampeter where to go and what to see

Hello guys, what are the "top things to do" and attractions to see in Lampeter and around? I heard of New Quay with boat trips to see dolphins, where can i buy such a trip? what else is there to see/do? I will be speding two days in Lampeter.

13 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

Thank you! the Vale of Rheidol looks fascinating. How much time will i need to travel there and back, approximately? Is it far from the central bus station in Aberystwyth?

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
15,268 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

Vale of Rheidol railway on Park Avenue is only 5 mins walk from the railway station / central bus stops.

From Aberaeron the bus goes into Aberystwyth via Morrison's supermarket, then along Park Avenue. You'll see the big Vale of Rheidol engine shed on the right, get off at the next handy bus stop.

It's about an hour each way, and an hour waiting at Devil's Bridge

http://www.rheidolrailway.co.uk/timetable.htm

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,375 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

The Vale of Rheidol is a great ride. I've done it many times. In fact, it's why I took the day trip to Aberystwyth form Swansea :-)

Take a walk to the falls once you get to Devil's Bridge. also, I've heard that ther eis a chocolate maker there as well now (at Devil's Bridge that is, not the falls!)

Reply to: Lampeter where to go and what to see
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lampeter