We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lampeter where to go and what to see

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Lampeter where to go and what to see

Hello guys, what are the "top things to do" and attractions to see in Lampeter and around? I heard of New Quay with boat trips to see dolphins, where can i buy such a trip? what else is there to see/do? I will be speding two days in Lampeter.

13 replies to this topic
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,131 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

Hi,

You could go for a drive. Drive up the B4343 to Tregaron, turn right up a minor road signposted Abergwesyn. After about 8 miles look for a sharp right turn signposted Llyn Brianne Reservoir. Continue through the forestry until you are out on the moors. Look for a right turn to the reservoir oiros dam for some more great views. Continue down the road into the valley and after about 4 miles find a bridge across the river on your right with a little pub just over the bridge beside the river. Ideal for lunch. After crossing the bridge turn right and follow the road up hill and down Dale sell the way to Pumsaint where there is an old gold mine now run by the National Trust. From here the A482 back to Lampeter.

Bob

West Wales
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

Boat trips in New Quay are best booked at the harbour - near where they leave. Aberaeron is also very pretty - both have a variety of good eateries. There are lovely river walks & another National Trust property is Llanerchaeron with a pretty garden. Towns often have local festivals at this time of year so you maybe will catch one ie Lampeter Food Festival 29th July, Aberaeron Festival of Welsh Ponies & Cobs 13th August. Walking a section of the Ceredigion coastal path will give you some amazing views & a good appetitie. Further info on related websites.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
15,258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

If you get the bus back to Aberystwyth then there is the Ceredigion Museum

www.ceredigion.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=197

The Cliff Railway

http://www.aberystwythcliffrailway.co.uk/

and if you want a trip, the Vale of Rheidol narrow gauge railway

http://www.rheidolrailway.co.uk/

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

Would you recommend visiting Aberaeron first? Actually, i have one day only for travelling in that direction. Will i be able to cover two towns, Aberaeron and New Quay, in one day if travelling by bus? If not, then which town should i visit?

Edited: 14 August 2017, 15:01
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

Would it be possible to visit New Quay and Aberystwyth in one day? I would love to have a ride on the Cliff Railway in Aberystwyth, but i am afraid not to cover both towns in one day.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,044 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

Aberystwyth should be an easy enough day trip by bus. I once did a day trip there by train and bus from Swansea.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

Is it realistic to travel from Lampeter and back to Aberystwyth in one day or better split it in two days?

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
15,258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

<< Is it realistic to travel from Lampeter and back to Aberystwyth in one day >>

Yes, if you watch the bus times.

Many people will do exactly that for shopping.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

Sorry, i meant to go from Lampeter to New Quay and from there to Aberystwyth and back to Lampeter,

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
15,258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lampeter where to go and what to see

You'll need to check the actual bus times on traveline.cymru

It can be done but you might decide it's not worthwhile.

Reply to: Lampeter where to go and what to see
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lampeter