We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pill Lodge, Belan, Moone

Dungannon, United...
1 post
1 review
Pill Lodge, Belan, Moone
Save

I would not recommend anyone stay at Pill Lodge run by the Coyle Family. I have never felt some unwelcome in any accommodation anywhere I have travelled before. Myself and my colleague were booked into stay there for the National Ploughing Championships, Ratheniska, Co. Laois 2014. After agreeing everything by phone, when we arrived the Coyle Family had completely misunderstood our booking and bascially only gave us one option - we sleep in the one room (which we ended up sharing with another partner organisation so there was 3 of us in one room when we were all supposed to have separate rooms) or we get out! Yes that is right - we were told to pick up our stuff and 'get out' when the lady who runs the Farmhouse consulted with her husband who has a very short temper about the mix up with our booking and the cost per room!! We would have 'got out' if we had known of any other accommodation free for 3 nights during the booked out Ploughing Championships. We were only in the house on our first night and we couldn't wait to get home. The noise from the kitchen area carried throughout the house and we found it very hard to sleep until after 11:30pm. I would commute from home in future if I thought I had to stay at Pill Lodge again!

2 replies to this topic
Rhode, Offaly...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Pill Lodge, Belan, Moone
Save

I stayed here and have done every year for the ploughing championships , the service is fantastic and I love the Coyle family. You have to understand that it's a busy week and rooms will need to be filled up I suppose. I drove from Offaly and found the rooms clean cosy and breakfast was simply stunning with full Irish and pancakes. Love it and would highly recommend it :)

Edited: 8 years ago
Canada
1 post
2. Re: Pill Lodge, Belan, Moone
Save

I stayed at Pill Lodge during my 2nd visit to Kildare, and found the hostess Mrs Coyle to extremely welcoming to my partner and I, the rooms are spacious and bright, and the breakfast next morning was fanastic, it's a lovely location to explore all of what Kildare has to offer, including the national stud, and many lovely walks around the area. The bed and breakfast is set in the heart of a working dairy farm, where kids can see calves and cows.

I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to see the true beauty of Kildare.

Edited: 8 years ago
Reply to: Pill Lodge, Belan, Moone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Athy
Recent Conversations
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.