We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

via Doolin or Rossaveal

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Topic
via Doolin or Rossaveal

We are staying on Inishmore overnight and starting the day in Galway. We do a day in Limerick following. Question is: which ferry should we take? And is there a way that works better to see the Cliffs of Moher? Trying to do the minimum amount of doubleback...

4 replies to this topic
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: via Doolin or Rossaveal

The ferry trip to Inis Mor is shorter (and usually Smoother) from Galway, rather than Doolin. It is also less weather-dependent.

The trip to Inis Oir is best done from Doolin -- usually done in conjunction with a sea-view cruise past the Cliffs.

Another option: http://aerarannislands.ie/times-rates/

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,753 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: via Doolin or Rossaveal

As answer 1. If you are using public transport you could Island hop and see Inis Oirr on the way across to the bus to Ennis then Limerick

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,465 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: via Doolin or Rossaveal

For Inishmore, I use Rossaveal.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: via Doolin or Rossaveal

We did Doolin Ferry to Inis Oirr, left at 11 from Doolin, tooled around the island in a horse buggy, and took the 1:45 return that included Cliffs of Moher. I loved the day and two hours on the island was plenty for me as a first time visit.

Reply to: via Doolin or Rossaveal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Inishmore