We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day or overnight trip to Inishmore

Gravelbourg, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Day or overnight trip to Inishmore

We are booked into Renvyle House Resort Connemara for a week starting Sept 9 so is a day trip to Inishmore from there by car reasonable to do....Or is it better to go before we arrive at Renvyle House and arrange to leave for Inishmore from Galway or Dublin and stay over night?

I found this beautiful spot after we booked our hotels.. looking here I now hope we could take a Inishmore horse and trap tour and if reasonable spend the night at a B&B. Also at that time of year could we book an Inishmore B&B once we are in Ireland or would it be better to prebook?

So we are turning to you once again my trip advisor friends on what to do. This is our first visit to Ireland.

Last but not least we can only do so much. We have a total of 11 days in Ireland but our hotels and airbb are booked. Except for Dublin we are driving. What must see and where must we go? We live in a small town of 1000 people on the Saskatchewan Prairie so we prefer the traditional Irish local but understand with some worthwhile sites you have to contend with the tour buses and traffic. A lot said hope you can help us out.

13 replies to this topic
Gravelbourg, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Day or overnight trip to Inishmore

Thank you good thingI checked😊👍

Galway Ireland
Destination Expert
for Connemara, Clare Island, The Burren, County Roscommon, Galway
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Day or overnight trip to Inishmore

There are many off-the-beaten track historical sites sprinkled around the island. If you are looking for a more detailed tour:

http://www.daramolloy.com/tourguide.html

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
135 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Day or overnight trip to Inishmore

Overnight without any shadow of doubt, if you can. We've just returned and stayed at Ard Mhuris - it was lovely, also a good location being 5 minutes' walk from the ferry and with the Island's best pub Ti Joe Watty's just around the corner. I will be posting my review in the next couple of days. Obviously I can't comment on vacancies but surely worth a try. Good luck.

Reply to: Day or overnight trip to Inishmore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Inishmore